Bob Knight

playmakr

Reaction score
He did not just say the player has to have room to swing his elbows.

I'm dreaming, right?

WTF Bobby Knight

Did Bobby Knight honestly just say that James has to give Aldrich room to move? Bobby let me introduce you to Longar Longar. Yes, the same guy you wanted kicked out of college basketball for hitting your player with an elbow.

(For those not watching the KU/UT game, after rebound, Aldrich turned with his elbows up and caught James in the face.)

Re: WTF Bobby Knight

Did Bobby Knight honestly just say that James has to give Aldrich room to move? Bobby let me introduce you to Longar Longar. Yes, the same guy you wanted kicked out of college basketball for hitting your player with an elbow.

(For those not watching the KU/UT game, after rebound, Aldrich turned with his elbows up and caught James in the face.)

I had the same thought.

It is insane! I just logged on to make this exact same post.

I winced when he said that.

scumbag.

Does this surprise you? Knight is one of the biggest hypocrites in America.

That comment totally solidified his standing as a grade-A douche.

Couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Knight is the biggest hypocrite in America.

There. I fixed it for you.

None of us should be surprised that Knight had a totally different view of an elbow swinging incident that didn't involve one of his players.

As long as you pivot before the elbows move, it is a legal play.

I hate to admit this but I like Knight as a commentator. He very clear and makes quality comments about the structure and play of basketball. Listening to him will make you a better player.

This makes the Longar Longar chant done by a random group of students following Beldam right by Knight's ear even more justifiable.

Yup dude was throwing the bones like hawmakers. If the UT player wasn't so quick he would have been clocked.

Knights OK as a commentator and was right on when discussing TX problems and Barnes' propensity to play too many players and/or the wrong players in certain situations, but I almost spewed my drink out of my mouth when he made the "need room to swing elbows" comment. You think maybe Longar did too, Bobby?

Longar knocked his player out for the season, he was just protecting him. He didn't do anything wrong, but when an opposing player breaks your guys face I think most coaches would throw a fit.

Last edited:
Longar knocked his player out of the season, he was just protecting him. He didn't do anything wrong, but when an opposing player breaks your guys face I think most coaches would throw a fit.

please...if James would have been hurt from the elbow Knight wouldn't have changed his stance. He went above and beyond "protecting" his player. This is a ridiculous post

I hate to admit this but I like Knight as a commentator. He very clear and makes quality comments about the structure and play of basketball. Listening to him will make you a better player.

I think knight is a terrible terrible commentator....He says stupid stuff to much....like "I think there should put xavier back in.....O he is already back in" or "texas needs to bring back damion james....O he is already back in"

I think by the way he talks he is out to make himself look like he is the only person that knows anything about basketball....I can remember a few times texas came down and made bad shots...he was speaking about how bad the shot was, then the very next trip brown came down and put up a terrible hook shot but it when in...bob says that was a great shot

I just dont understand the dude...he has good information but he comes out of left field all the time and is constantly contradicting himself

Back