Bobby Knight just said...

elmocarp

Reaction score
...that his wife is an OU grad and a huge OU fan.

So there's that...

Karen Edgar, one of the most respected 3 on 3 girls coaches in the state (Lomega) in the 1980's. She met Knight at his coaching clinic at Indiana, for those that don't know.

Karen Edgar, one of the most respected 3 on 3 girls coaches in the state (Lomega) in the 1980's. She met Knight at his coaching clinic at Indiana, for those that don't know.

Actually it is 6 on 6.

Actually it is 6 on 6.

It actually was 3 on 3. Each set of 3 played on opposite ends of the floor. The only inter-action was when getting the ball across the mid-line. You could not steal the ball at one end and dribble down the court for a fast-break lay-up.

It actually was 3 on 3. Each set of 3 played on opposite ends of the floor. The only inter-action was when getting the ball across the mid-line. You could not steal the ball at one end and dribble down the court for a fast-break lay-up.

Yeah. That's what we used to call 6 on 6.

She was a great 6 on 6 coach. Lomega use to be a 6 on 6 dynasty. Alot of people don't know that her Oklahoma connections almost landed big Country Reeves at Indiana.

So his wife is cool, but Knight still sucks.

I really enjoyed Caoch Knights commentary last night.

I hated Bob Knight commentating. For starters, he comments on everything that a team SHOULD be doing in a tone like he is the smartest person alive. Just a couple of gems from him last night:

The first thing I hear him say is that OU is a great defensive team and always hustles. What? That has been our weakness! And this is the Big 12 guy for ESPN!

Then he said that the game was over with 10 seconds left. we know how that turned out.

Yeah, it was 6 on 6. I was born and raised on that stuff at Byng. Back in the day when they were winning.

I remember the first time I saw a live 5 on 5 girls game was at the Ardmore tournament in the early 90's and I thought "this sucks".

I did too. He obviously is extremely smart when it comes to basketball and he has a simple and concise way of explaining the game and giving his opinions.

I did too. He obviously is extremely smart when it comes to basketball and he has a simple and concise way of explaining the game and giving his opinions.

I felt like I came away from that game knowing more about basketball than I did before it started. Liked it more than what I generally get from the color guy.

Bob Knight is obsessed with the pump fake. That was annoying. And then he tried to talk about other plays too long and it sometimes went over another play. Really annoying at the end of games.

i think he is trying to hard to look like a bball genius. He says some things that don't need to be said and some things that were flat out wrong. I think maybe he felt like he needed to add something so he would say whatever truth about bball in general that came to mind.

I thought he was great; sure he made a couple mistakes on names, etc. but he's a 70 year old man. I thought he did a good job analyzing things and telling you inside information though.

Bob Knight is obsessed with the pump fake. That was annoying. And then he tried to talk about other plays too long and it sometimes went over another play. Really annoying at the end of games.

Glad I'm not the only one who was getting tired of that. It was starting to sound like an info-mercial for the "ball-fake".

Other than that, he does have some really good insights on the game. He's just over-bearing and tends to give off that "I'm smarter than everybody, so suck it" vibe. Not really my cup o' tea.

Have to agree. I have never liked Knight and I still don't. But.... I did enjoy his comments and insight into the game. The part that gets old is when he starts talking about what teams need to do on offense. Knight would have every team use more of the clock and slow the game down on offense. BillyBall would drive him nuts!

I never look forward to seeing knight on a broadcast, try to tune him out as much as possible. his way of living his life has made me decide I don't want his opinions and won't value them. one of his simple and concise ways of explaining BB to you is to grab your throat. I'll take john wooden and his approach any day.

Last edited:

It actually WAS called 6 on 6...when it was played that way they never called it 3 on 3. They still played 6 on 6 when I was in high school and it switched over not long after I graduated.

Technically you can say they PLAYED 3 on 3 on each end but they CALLED it 6 on 6...as in 6 players from each team played.

i think he is trying to hard to look like a bball genius. He says some things that don't need to be said and some things that were flat out wrong. I think maybe he felt like he needed to add something so he would say whatever truth about bball in general that came to mind.

Doesnt have to try...he is one...

Back