Bobby Knight just said...

never said he wasn't...he just comes off pompous imo.

No doubt he comes off that way...

but his personality has nothing to do with his knowledge, like him or not the dude knows his basketball and i love hearing his commentary

No doubt he comes off that way...

but his personality has nothing to do with his knowledge, like him or not the dude knows his basketball and i love hearing his commentary

did he know his bball when he said that we are a great defensive team and that the game was over with 10 seconds left?

did he know his bball when he said that we are a great defensive team and that the game was over with 10 seconds left?

He said the game was over "IF" we made our two free throws which we did not. This was his contention.

The game could have been over about 5 times if we would have shot even 60% from the line.

He said the game was over "IF" we made our two free throws which we did not. This was his contention.

No it wasn't...he said that later. Once TMG was fouled he said right away that the game was over. THen brent said something about free throws. then knight added the last part

No it wasn't...he said that later. Once TMG was fouled he said right away that the game was over. THen brent said something about free throws. then knight added the last part

His comment was based on the free throws.

we were fouled and he said the game is over. period

meaning that osu had no chance to win

Stalemate_chess.png

im just saying what he said. whatever though.

the point is he prematurly called a game over. you never do that until you are certain as a commentator

Last edited:

If Griffin was fouled and OSU only had a couple of fouls at the time would Knight have said the very same thing? Musberger didn't understand what was implied and Bobby had to "spell" it out for him much like now!

If Griffin was fouled and OSU only had a couple of fouls at the time would Knight have said the very same thing? Musberger didn't understand what was implied and Bobby had to "spell" it out for him much like now!

actually musberger was clarifying that it wasn't in fact over. musberger was right, knight was wrong. post the clip

actually musberger was clarifying that it wasn't in fact over. musberger was right, knight was wrong. post the clip

His statement was "obviously" an opinion and Brent was asking Bobby why he thought the game was over and he responded accordingly. I would think he knows the game of basketball and I highly doubt that he thought the teams would be allowed to call it a game "just" because a foul was called. The group of people watching the game along with myself understood what he was saying for it was that obvious. You know life is fun at least for me when I don't need someone holding my hand so everything is explained in an explicit manner. Now I really could care less if you understand it or not but could you please show some respect to the other posters who knew exactly what he was saying as well.

Back