Buddy ejected for hitting Demarcus Cousins in the groin

Whether intentional or not, it deserved a flagrant 2 and an ejection. I was watching live and it was an easy call for the refs. Buddy could MAYBE argue his hand landed there accidentally which would likely be a flagrant 1, but I'm not sure how he explains the "grab." Odd play and Buddy deserved to get tossed.

Being that it was boogie, it was probably retaliation. Still not right though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe buddy thinks he's going to make it in the league as an enforcer.

It was retaliation, Cousins had gotten a T for a shot on one of the Pelicans players earlier. But a shot below the belt is weak.

Cousins bloodied somebody's nose earlier in the game.

Hard to imagine Buddy being the enforcer though.

That was my initial thought, but having watched the video, it honestly didn't look intentional to me. I think he was trying to use his hand to come tight around the screen, and his hand just ended up at an unfortunate location.

That was my initial thought, but having watched the video, it honestly didn't look intentional to me. I think he was trying to use his hand to come tight around the screen, and his hand just ended up at an unfortunate location.

My thoughts exactly, JBaker. Maybe that's because I can't see one of the nicest guys ever to wear a Sooner uniform cast in the role of an enforcer who is capable of an intentional nut shot to an opposing player, even one with the reputation of Demarcus Cousins.

With that, I'm going to move this thread to the NBA board for anyone who wants to continue the discussion.

Looks like Buddy and Cousins have now been traded for each other!

Back