Buzz or Brad Stevens?

NYC-Fool

Reaction score
If you had the choice, who would you pick?

I'd be happy with either one, but given the choice, Stevens can flat out coach. Two straight final fours at a micro conference school is not an easy thing to do and I think he's hand's down the best young coach in the country.

Why isn't it realistic? He's going to leave Butler eventually.

No comparison. I'm not convinced about Buzz. What bank do we need to put in his name to get Brad?

Why isn't it realistic? He's going to leave Butler eventually.
He signed an extension through the 2021-22 season after last season. He isn't going anywhere for a while. If ever.

Is this a real question? Brad Stevens, and it's not even close.

I think Stevens is the next Mark Few. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him stay at Butler for a long, long time.

says who?

He doesn't hafta leave. He might stay there til he dies.

Using the same logic, he doesn't have to stay either. My argument is that he's the best young coach in the country... why wouldn't he want to test his skills at the next level?

says who?

He doesn't hafta leave. He might stay there til he dies.

exactly. if anyone knows his story, then you understand why he wouldn't want to leave. he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to jump ship anyway. he has it made there in indy.

He might stay at Butler, unless someone makes him an offer beyond what he had ever expected to be possible. You get what you are willing to pay for. If you want less than the best, you have to live with the results.

My argument is that he's the best young coach in the country... why wouldn't he want to test his skills at the next level?
I don't think he's ready to coach in the NBA.

Using the same logic, he doesn't have to stay either. My argument is that he's the best young coach in the country... why wouldn't he want to test his skills at the next level?

why ruin a great thing to go win in a power conference? he can win championships right where he is. and with all the exposure he's gotten the last two years, along with his ability to evaluate talent and coach, he's at the next level. highly rated players will want to go play at butler, even if they are in a mid-major conference.

why ruin a great thing to go win in a power conference? he can win championships right where he is. and with all the exposure he's gotten the last two years, along with his ability to evaluate talent and coach, he's at the next level. even if they are in a mid-major conference.

I don't buy it... at OU, he has better facilities, better recruiting territory, better conference, the best AD in the country... and more money. Why wouldn't he want to come to OU?

My argument is that he's the best young coach in the country... why wouldn't he want to test his skills at the next level?

Doesn't seem to me like he's having any trouble finding top-notch D1 majors to play right now. Butler plays good teams.

I don't see his motivation to leave on that issue.

I don't buy it... at OU, he has better facilities, better recruiting territory, better conference, the best AD in the country... and more money. Why wouldn't he want to come to OU?

maybe because his whole family lives in indy and maybe because they have a way better program than us right now

Doesn't seem to me like he's having any trouble finding top-notch D1 majors to play right now. Butler plays good teams.

I don't see his motivation to leave on that issue.

Sure they play good teams... but they'd have much more exposure and would have pulled a much better seed if they came from a top conference.

Money.

There is a reality. Anyone can be fired. Something can go wrong at Butler, and their loyalty would stop. As an adult, he knows that.

He is a young husband and father. Offer something for his family that Indianapolis can't offer. Buy them a horse ranch or something. He will probably have his children high on his priority list.

Back