Buzz or Brad Stevens?

I don't buy it... at OU, he has better facilities, better recruiting territory, better conference, the best AD in the country... and more money. Why wouldn't he want to come to OU?
He's not leaving the state of Indiana. He may leave Butler for the Indiana job, after Cream leaves.

Using the same logic, he doesn't have to stay either. My argument is that he's the best young coach in the country... why wouldn't he want to test his skills at the next level?

Two final fours in two years is the next level. That is an achievement few teams do. Did you mean the NBA?

Indiana has the UGLIEST WOMEN ON THE PLANET EARTH.

I am telling you this. It's the damn truth. You can be in Indiana for months and never see a woman that gives you even a semi-woody...and this includes going on campus too. NASTY.

I will bet anyone here five American dollars that Brad Stevens will not be the next basketball coach at Oklahoma.

I am honestly stunned that anyone thinks it is a realistic possibility.

I figure that if Joe C. is willing to pay for him, he is available. I don't even question the possibility that he might leave. I question our commitment to getting that quality of coach.

OU could offer to make him the highest paid coach in America and he'd still say no. He has a good contract and can win at Butler and wait for a school like Duke to come calling.

Then, rehire Capel. The entire commitment is a fraud.

welcome to my world. that's what I have been saying...if you're not committed to hiring the best available then you're just spitting on us.

You guyss are being silly. We have as much chance to get Stevens as we do Buzz.

I might add -- Buzz is already making $2 mil a year plus incentives, so we lose that advantage with him.

But we do gain the possible advantage of Buzz's regional contacts.

Conversely, we could gain some real advantage more quickly with recruits with Stevens -- as could he if he was coaching us.

I say go for it. What have we got to lose? Someone saying NO? We're going to get that some anyway.

Stevens is an Indiana boy. He's taken Butler to as many Final Fours as Oklahoma has been to in the last 60 years. He's turning Butler into a better job than Oklahoma. He's doing enough in the tourney, to bring top notch talent to Butler, thus, they can dominate the Horizon year after year, and concentrate on winning in March.

They don't have great facilities, but they have Hinkle Fieldhouse, which is prized landmark in the Hoosier state, and worth more the Butler and Stevens than any newfangled facility Oklahoma could ever build.

He's in position to have job security the rest of his life. Why leave and go somewhere and risk not living up to the credentials of the 2nd coming, and being out of a job in 5 years?

Stevens owes it to himself and his family to stay at Butler.

Stevens is in the same place, I think, that Homer Drew was at Valpo years ago. At the top of his game, on a great run at a mid-major. But Valpo's run is over and they have sunk back into the pack. The same thing could happen in a few years at Butler. The only difference might be that Drew was probably 20 years older than Stevens.
Whatever Stevens does and I would love to see him come to OU, he is living the American Dream.
GO BUTLER. Here's a cheer for Butler and Milan.

Then, rehire Capel. The entire commitment is a fraud.

How is the commitment a fraud?
In 1999, Joe did not go out and try to hire the hottest head coach in the country.
Was the commitment to football excellence a fraud?

Back