Cade Davis appreciation thread

Reaction score
I just wanted to make a thread where us Sooner fans could show our appreciation to one of my fav Sooners ever (I'm only 17) Cade Davis. Cade never had academic or off the court issues, which is something I think some fans might take for granted. He never wavered in his commitment to the program, not the first two years when he didn't get much court time, or the last two when his team underachieved greatly and produced back to back losing records. Over the course of his career, he transformed himself from spot up shooter to a jack of all trades type of player. Cade was THE unquestioned leader of the 2010-2011 squad, which although they went 14-18, they followed Cade's lead and played with passion, heart, and as a team. I doubt he ever makes it in the League, but he should definitely catch on in the d-league or overseas somewhere. Thank You Cade Davis for all you did for OU Sooner Basketball!

I thought he was starting during his first two years here? Granted at the end of his frost year

I have this same doubt...

A better question would be if he can find/wants to find a league to play in overseas. I have no doubt he could play in an Asian or European league. Anyone know what he is doing after graduating? He seems to have a good head on his body and I have no doubt he could go excel working outside of sports.

On a side note, I remember watching and enjoying his video diaries. Seems like a good guy. I think looking back at his game, he was a guy that any team would benefit from having on their roster, but I feel he fit better as a role player on a great team than a focal point of a bad team.

he and Tony Crocker were asked to play a lot of different positions and roles on both good and bad teams. score the ball, shoot the 3, D up on the other team's wing, whatever. year to year was different.

great Sooners both.

Back