Call your shot: are we in?

Looking into it more I believe we have to be in. Sos is top 5 along with 10 q1&2 w's. You have to reward the tough schedule.

Looking into it more I believe we have to be in. Sos is top 5 along with 10 q1&2 w's. You have to reward the tough schedule.

I think I'm there too. I hope they're an 11 or 12 seed. Having to beat a 3-5 seed to get to a sweet 16 is doable for this team.

OU is also a top 40 team by most advanced rankings. NET is 39, KenPom is 30, Bart Torvik is 31. They should be in if the committee values strength of schedule.

I guess the big question is if we beat enough of those tough teams. Our record against the top part of Q1 is not good, because we lost all the close games. Texas, Tech, KU twice … all games we had the lead late and/or possession with a chance to win, and we lost them all. One win in those games and we are safe, and that’s not mention where we would be without the Butler travesty.

I guess the big question is if we beat enough of those tough teams. Our record against the top part of Q1 is not good, because we lost all the close games. Texas, Tech, KU twice … all games we had the lead late and/or possession with a chance to win, and we lost them all. One win in those games and we are safe, and that’s not mention where we would be without the Butler travesty.

i mean OU has 2 top 9 NET wins and 3 top 20 net wins

Have to reward the tough schedule and if not play cupcakes out of conference every year.

Out. Needed to win a few of our close losses. The win over Baylor is big but I don’t think the committee was even talking about us before that.

On the other hand, if I am wrong (as I often am) I would not want to be the team that draws us. Not saying we will win but we can scare anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out. Needed to win a few of our close losses. The win over Baylor is big but I don’t think the committee was even talking about us before that.

On the other hand, if I am wrong (as I often am) I would not want to be the team that draws us. Not saying we will win but we can scare anyone.

My thoughts exactly. Needed to win last night. Kudos to the team for turning it around. Hopefully nobody shocking transfers, and the excitement is there for next year. But, I think they just need one more win to be in the tournament this year. Sadly. It's so much more fun when the Sooners are in it.

I was leaning to out in the beginning. But, that was before I heard Porter make his case for why we deserve to be dancing this year. I’m not in the market for a used car right now, but I’m going to buy what he is selling! I hope it runs so I can at least get it out of my driveway!

I’m sold, Coach! I think the team is too!!!

I was leaning to out in the beginning. But, that was before I heard Porter make his case for why we deserve to be dancing this year. I’m not in the market for a used car right now, but I’m going to buy what he is selling! I hope it runs so I can at least get it out of my driveway!

I’m sold, Coach! I think the team is too!!!

I like his passion as well and he does make a good case for us. Of course, it is the part he omits that has me concerned. :)

In. And I will go as far to say we will realize we weren’t as on the bubble as most thought.

Out by a thin strand. So close if only a couple of those really tight games had gone OU's way we'd be in easily.

Can’t believe I’m saying this after how brazen I was about being a lock if we beat Baylor, but the combo of Aggies/Hokies today I believe pushes us out. I think we will be a #1 seed in NIT, unfortunately.

Va tech is punching their ticket right now. They were probably in anyway with their 30 Net. Later coach k. If A&M loses tomorrow I think we are still slightly ahead of them.

No. We are a few wins short of making it. We will be hosting a NIT game.

Back