Cam Clark and TJ Taylor

SoonerMatt27

Reaction score
They have to be good enough to contribute next year or we are in trouble again

we're going to depend a lot on next year's class. we really need a couple of impact post players.

Well, it all depends on if Capel will actually play them. It gets hard to tell if somebody is good enough when you only play them 3 or 4 min. a game. I think his whole not playing defense excuse is totally out the window now as nobody seems to play defense.

We need a lot of impact players. We don't have any guys that can defend or play team basketball at this level. We'll have to also run some players off to get these players. It may be a tough few years for Capel and this staff. You can't recruit just based on stars. We need to recruit based on guys that can play. That's something our last coach was great at doing and he evaluated them well.

I'll give a prime example. After the Sweet 16 year we get 3 guys. Hollis Price one of the best ever at OU, JR Raymond, and Nolan Johnson. Those guys fit the roster perfectly along with a lot of good players(Najera, Renzi, Heskett, Avila) from a Sweet 16 team. Those seniors helped Hollis get experience and just a couple years later with help from a couple of JUCOs like McGee and Quannas, Ebi we get a Final Four type team. And we could have won it all that year if Quannas doesn't get hurt.

People always complained that Sampson didn't get 5 star guys but he got guys that fit what he wanted to do and made his teams better. What do these 5 star guys really do for our team? They don't really seem to fit what we want to do. Capel is trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

Last edited:
Well, it all depends on if Capel will actually play them. It gets hard to tell if somebody is good enough when you only play them 3 or 4 min. a game. I think his whole not playing defense excuse is totally out the window now as nobody seems to play defense.

?????

TMG, Tiny, and Pledger are getting plenty of minutes. Have to believe there was a reason Fitz wasn't earlier, though I don't know what it was.

I honestly don't know why Fitz wasn't in earlier either. That's the only question I have about the players that didn't play early, unless it was just he wasn't practicing hard.

They're probably wishing they could get out of their LOI.

Be serious guys its bad right now but the future is bright.

The kid Cam, scored 44pts against the #2 5ateam in the state Sanantonio wagner and he scored 38pts lastnite against Frisco liberty.Cam average 27pts a game with 8 to 10 rebounds per game.Capell will play Cam,if not Cam's dad will make his son leave and sit out aseason to play with a team that will play him.

The kid Cam, scored 44pts against the #2 5ateam in the state Sanantonio wagner and he scored 38pts lastnite against Frisco liberty.Cam average 27pts a game with 8 to 10 rebounds per game.Capell will play Cam,if not Cam's dad will make his son leave and sit out aseason to play with a team that will play him.

Oooooooooohhh!

Plus Cam and Tj is use to careing a team on their back it wouldnt be anything new to them just look at what their doing now with the team they have.

Plus Cam and Tj is use to careing a team on their back it wouldnt be anything new to them just look at what their doing now with the team they have.

I don't think Cam will have any problems starting from day one over some of the "players" we're bringing back next year. I just hope Tiny and TMG come back. They seem to be having a lot of run-ins with coach so far this season.

I don't think Cam will have any problems starting from day one over some of the "players" we're bringing back next year. I just hope Tiny and TMG come back. They seem to be having a lot of run-ins with coach so far this season.

I think one of the 2 will be back.

Capell will play Cam,if not Cam's dad will make his son leave and sit out aseason to play with a team that will play him.

Great...that's what we need....more me first guys.
I certainly hope you are wrong.

From what I've seen of Cam and TJ they both look like they know what they're doing on defense more than quite a bit of these current players. Both look like they should have the right mindset on defense.

I think it would be beneficial for Capel to play both. Both can help with our perimeter defending issues. Offensively we'll play more inside out than we have at the beginning of this year. OU needs above the rim rebounders and low post guys who can step up and contest shots. Their's not that guy on the recruiting trail right now unless someone comes out of the woodworks.

We need Cam this year to help out with our abysmal perimeter D. If Capel doesn't start Cam he will get starter minutes and I expect Tj to be our back-up PG.

We need Cam this year to help out with our abysmal perimeter D. If Capel doesn't start Cam he will get starter minutes and I expect Tj to be our back-up PG.

TJ is a good onball defender and Cam's legnth can help agaisnt those guys who have been hitting 25ft 3ptrs against us.

Back