Cameron Clark rumor?

I'd be surprised if Cam's decision has anything to do with Barnes. Last I checked both could play either at the 3 or 2 positions. If anything I'd think Cam would like Barnes to come to OU, this would give us a chance next year to make a HUGE run in the tourney and for the Big12 title.

MercedeSooner what are the negative things about Coach Capel. I'm just curious. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I am a teensy bit concerned to be honest, but mostly I am posting in this thread to point out what a jackass move it is to write "I know something, but I promised people I wouldn't tell anyone what it is." Is this high school?
No, but my internet rumor's dad can beat up your internet rumor's dad.

Cam Clark is my #1 prospect. period

Mine also. This kid is special and will light it up at OU. I wouldnt be surprised at the end of next year if you can't interchange Cam Clark and Harrison Barnes as the best freshman in the country. Who knows we may even have this kid for a couple years.

You can say a lot of positive things about Capel, maybe a couple negative but one of them is he isnt stupid. He isnt going to recruit over the top of Cam who he's been working on for years and is the highlight of this year's recruiting class for a shot in the dark.

Recruit over the top? You are right about one thing Capel isn't stupid.
He'd be STUPID not to be recruiting Harrison Barnes even with a committed Cam Clark. You recruit the most and best players you can. Capel ain't ever going to pass KU and Texas by recruiting one guy at each position. And who says Cam Clark and Barnes can't play together.
If Cam Clark is waiting to sign (and I'm not saying he is) with OU ONLY if Barnes doesn't then we don't need Cam Clark. Capel is here to win championships. You don't win championships by signing one guy at a spot and then stop recruiting. Guys that are afraid of competition are selfish and don't win championships.

Recruit over the top? You are right about one thing Capel isn't stupid.
He'd be STUPID not to be recruiting Harrison Barnes even with a committed Cam Clark. You recruit the most and best players you can. Capel ain't ever going to pass KU and Texas by recruiting one guy at each position. And who says Cam Clark and Barnes can't play together.
If Cam Clark is waiting to sign (and I'm not saying he is) with OU ONLY if Barnes doesn't then we don't need Cam Clark. Capel is here to win championships. You don't win championships by signing one guy at a spot and then stop recruiting. Guys that are afraid of competition are selfish and don't win championships.

My post was assuming that Cam may have been losing interest because him and Barnes play the same position or something to that nature. Do I think its true and that he is having second thoughts because of that or any other reason ? Not at all and find it funny that because he scheduled an event at his school on a Friday instead of just signing on the 1st day people think he is wavering.

And do I like your way of thinking regarding recruiting on top of players ? Yes. Do I think its reality for most recruiting situations ? No, not even close. Tell me a top 25 player who isnt selfish, who doesnt want to know theyre gonna get a starting spot and the minutes. In the small minority thats for sure.

Last edited:
His connection to duke? Who cares. I think you can rest in knowing that Coach Felton Jeffery Capel is fully comitted to the University of Oklahoma now. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Henzo has been absolutely silent about this. Hope that's not a bad sign.

His connection to duke? Who cares. I think you can rest in knowing that Coach Felton Jeffery Capel is fully comitted to the University of Oklahoma now. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Sorry irrational hatred. Makes it a lot better that its Capel and not Wojo.

I've commented in other threads since yesterday morning that he's planning on signing Saturday, I've even heard he'll be in Norman that day, as well. Again, I think people start to worry after the first day of the signing period, but since Wednesday I've been told he's signing Saturday and that day hasn't come yet. I've heard nothing that leads me to believe he won't be a Sooner. Let's get to Saturday and if he doesn't sign -- then I think the questions are warranted. Until then, I think you guys are gonna drive yourself crazy with unwarranted worry.

Last edited:

He's actually posted in a couple of different threads about this issue. He's been saying that he would be very VERY surprised if Cam doesn't commit--I think he stated he believes Cam was planning on signing on Saturday.

I've commented in other threads since yesterday morning that he's planning on signing Saturday, I've even heard he'll be in Norman later that day. Again, I think people start to worry after the first day of the signing period, but since Wednesday I've been told he's signing Saturday and that day hasn't come yet. I've heard nothing that leads me to believe he won't be a Sooner. Let's get to Saturday and if he doesn't sign -- then I think the questions are warranted. Until then, I think you guys are gonna drive yourself crazy with unwarranted worry.

Sorry Matt, after my post I actually saw your post about the matter in one of the stickied threads. Thanks for all the great work you do!

Tell me a top 25 player who isnt selfish, who doesnt want to know theyre gonna get a starting spot and the minutes. In the small minority thats for sure.

No, it's not. There's a reason Duke, UNC, KU, Kentucky, etc sign the most top 25 kids each year. Because those kids want to play against the best and play for championships. You are crazy if you think top 25 kids that sign with those schools think that they are going to keep recruiting top guys at there positions.

No, it's not. There's a reason Duke, UNC, KU, Kentucky, etc sign the most top 25 kids each year. Because those kids want to play against the best and play for championships. You are crazy if you think top 25 kids that sign with those schools think that they are going to keep recruiting top guys at there positions.

Its all about the NBA. They look at NBA salaries and that is what is being sold today. Which program gets me ready for the NBA the fastest and who can help me get drafted the highest. Look at NBA salaries its amazing. Blake going 1 and Willie being a lotto will help Capel. He will have placed 3 guys in the NBA in the last 2 years.

On a positive note, how great is it going to be to have a true wing player that is a bigtime scorer? Who was the last one that OU had? Deitrick? Ebe Ere?

Ere was good his JR year, but man he lost his shooting touch that sr year.

Ere would have been drafted if he wouldn't have come back for his senoir season.

Back