Can't believe we once coveted Jai Lucas

Sooner23

Reaction score
Kid looked like Gary Coleman out there trying to play basketball.

Lucas did look really weak. It's funny that there was as much if not more hype around the recruitment of Lucas than TMG, but they are not even in the same class.

Kid looked like Gary Coleman out there trying to play basketball.

I was thinking the same. Not the Gary Coleman part, but teh coveted part. His game has took a step back. He's not even the shooting threat he use to be.

I was thinking the same. Not the Gary Coleman part, but teh coveted part. His game has took a step back. He's not even the shooting threat he use to be.

He took that one three and it looked like he was using a two-handed push shot so he'd have enough behind it to get to the rim.

Not only is he like 5-9, but he shoot set shots. TMG rises up and can shoot over people. Lucas has to be wide open, and even then he doesn't shoot 44% like TMG.

I wouldnt trade, TMG, WW, Taylor, Blake, Longar or the rest of the cast that we've had the past 3 years for the Lucas's, Mayfields, Reynolds, or James's of the world.

I don't care if they are good players or not. They are not Sooners.

Still very weird to me that he leaves Florida where he is a starter and 2nd best player arguably to be a 8th man or so at Texas

I am just assuming but I suspect nepotism was a factor in his "hype".

It just goes to show you what a daddy can do for a reputation.

Jai Lucas is no John Roberson.

I hope Jeff learned from that. Just that if you need something, you don't hold out for your 1st choice while your 2nd thru 10th choices are going away. This time we need a rebounder and we also want a combo guard and a 7 footer.

Perfect example of why, outside of the very elite players, it pays to wait until kids get on campus, and play a few games, before evaluating them. The fans that is. Every recruit we get, some say he's the best thing since sliced bread, and others find the holes. Almost always, we get a player somewhere in between.

Alot of the conventional thinking was that Jai would open the way for other Houston area recruits. I think in the long run, Jai wasn't as respected in the Houston area as thought. Also, JL2 seems to be a player broker for any team, not just the ones that scratch his back. The big dispute with osu was that Lucas2 assured Jimmy Williams that Jai was coming to OSU. When it didn't happen, Williams and Sutton were at odds with each other adn Williams was shown the door.

Back