Can't believe we once coveted Jai Lucas

There was more to what JLII was doing than powerborkering. Shocked that o

There was so much going on with JLII, the "greatest recruiting class of all time" etc. that someone should write a book. Exactly how oSu did not get any probation during that time is beyond me. Hell, you had a booster essentially feeding the school.

Perfect example of why, outside of the very elite players, it pays to wait until kids get on campus, and play a few games, before evaluating them. The fans that is. Every recruit we get, some say he's the best thing since sliced bread, and others find the holes. Almost always, we get a player somewhere in between.

I agree. I think Lucas was much more highly touted than Cade Davis or David Godbold but I would take either of those guys over Lucas. One thing I think fans fail to recognize is that recruiting is about building a team. These guys that are stars in high school but a bit too small or whatever, don't always translate to the college game and then a kid like Godbold or Walkup (at A&M) make nice contributions.

It just goes to show you what a daddy can do for a reputation.

His brother had something to do with it as well....his brother was a helluva player. Jai just isn't very good. None of the Texas PG's are.

I think Jai could be a decent PG if he was in the right system. He was a good shooter in HS and at Fla his 1st year. He just isn't a player who can break you down and get to the rim and finish.

Remember his bro was a small streaky shooter at Baylor. His bro was able to become a better player when he didn't have to carry a team and had a lot of scoring options around him. I'm surprised Barnes hasn't tried to use him like Sutton did his bro.

When he hit that 3, I was thinking, i can't believ this twirp hit a three.

It's easy to bash now, but Capel and Cline were really high on this guy. Makes you wonder about a guy like Phil Pressey who has a similar high school game.

I think that Jai is a lot better than he has shown thus far at Texas. JMO

Jai Lucas is a clown... I can't believe OU passed on Roberson to get that guy.

Back