Capel confident in signing two top prospects

luckyc1423

Reaction score
It seems to me Capel must be real confident in being able to sign two of the four top prospects we are in on.....I think this because if he wasnt wouldnt we be hearing about several other second option type players we are looking at?

You're right. I think one of the two guys that we are targeting is probably a silent commit. I suspect there is an offer guy if one of the two goes elsewhere ala Olukemi.

I think there might be more back up recruits then we know about right now.

You're right. I think one of the two guys that we are targeting is probably a silent commit. I suspect there is an offer guy if one of the two goes elsewhere ala Olukemi.

I hope it's Jones. Lamb would be great too but this team needs an inside presence more than another guard/wing in this class. Jones + Lamb is almost too good to be true.

I hope it's Jones. Lamb would be great too but this team needs an inside presence more than another guard/wing in this class. Jones + Lamb is almost too good to be true.

With really no known backup plans I believe capel thinks we will be getting two guys from the 4 to commit.....if he thought we were only getting one guy then I think there would be more known backup plans....one guy committing only leaves 3 total commits...i figure we will sign 5

With really no known backup plans I believe capel thinks we will be getting two guys from the 4 to commit.....if he thought we were only getting one guy then I think there would be more known backup plans....one guy committing only leaves 3 total commits...i figure we will sign 5
Just because we don't know about it doesn't mean there aren't back up plans.
I feel we will only get one of the big dogs we're in on (fingers crossed that its T Jones) and the other 1-2 spots will be guys we don't know much about right now.

Your prob right sooner, I just think that the way recruiting is now-a-days it is hard to keep guys you are recruiting quit...it seems like henzo would have heard about them by now....i truly believe capel thinks he will land two, worse case scenario one...either way as long as we land one this class will be loaded with tj cam and another 5*

Lucky,

Even Henzo will tell you Andrew Fitzgerald basically came out of nowhere. And that was last year.

Yup, I suspect Capel has plenty of back-up plans and doing a lot of work behind the scenes. I suspect he has some back up plans that include some really good players.

I can't believe you guys don't know McCallum is the silent commit.

Why would there be a "silent commit"?
Why would a high profile recruit commit but not tell anyone?

I think Capel will land 1-2 of these top guys. No doubt.
But if he doesn't he has plenty of backup plans up his sleeve.
He's a master recruiter.

Why would there be a "silent commit"?
Why would a high profile recruit commit but not tell anyone?

I think Capel will land 1-2 of these top guys. No doubt.
But if he doesn't he has plenty of backup plans up his sleeve.
He's a master recruiter.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is in on a number of really good players we're not hearing about.

I see Capel courting a number of top flight guys, but I see NO evidence that there are any "silent commits" and NO evidence that he is confident of signing even one of those guys much less two. He's working very hard and doing a really incredible job getting them to consider OU but real evidence? Internet rumors about who is leading with whom. The statements I've read on this site seem to me to be the generic type. Like everybody else I hope they choose soon so I can breathe.

The chatter is very optimistic.
I hope the conjectures are correct,for OU.
Best of luck.

The back up plans seem more realistic, for OU.

But, in recruitment...things change rather quickly.

Cheers.

The chatter is very optimistic.
I hope the conjectures are correct,for OU.
Best of luck.

The back up plans seem more realistic, for OU.

But, in recruitment...things change rather quickly.

Cheers.

Why is that? And what team are you a fan of? Arizona? I bet Capel gets at least one of the guys at the top of his draft board.

I agree BT. I feel very confident in our chances with Lamb and Jones. If we land, both it won't surprise me one bit. I wouldn't even be surprised if we landed Harrison Barnes. It is nothing short of amazing how Capel has changed things in this very short time.

I truly beleive OU has a great shot with McCullum. Jeff went throug the exact same sitaution and Ray knows Norman and OU.

still a chance with mccallum huh?

getting lamb, jones, clark, mccallum, and tj all in one class would be hard to beat

heck even if we just get one more to go along with clark and tj that will be tough to beat

If you were Capel, would you want your silent commit still taking offical visits?

Does anybody know why rivals has Trey Zeigler without an offer from OU, would a kid want to take an offical visit and not be offered a scholarship. Has Capel not offered him?

Back