Capel to coach national U18 basketball team

It's funny that you viewed my first post as antagonistic and got your shorts in a wad over it, when all I was saying was that, based on your previous posts on this topic, you would likely think it was a bad idea for Capel to coach the USA team. I was not trying to stir a hornet's nest at all; I was just recalling your stated opinions about it the last time around.

You said at the time that coaching the USA team would keep our former coach from attending AAU games, which you felt was absolutely vital for recruiting success. And you seriously downplayed the positive impact coaching the USA team would have on the prestige of our program and the recognition factor among young athletes for our head coach. Those are the points you made over and over. And anyone who was here (or on the other board, actually) at the time knows it.

And if the above reasoning applies to our former coach, as you insisted it did, it should apply to our current one, too.

Mine is a consistent stance -- I thought it was a good idea for our former coach to coach the USA team, and I think it's a good idea for our current coach to do so. In both cases, it increases our visibility and prestige as a program -- it's that simple.

Yours is an inconsistent stance: You thought it was bad for our former coach to lead the USA team, but good for our current one. Both would miss AAU games as a result of taking on this additional assignment, so don't try to make that false distinction.

And finally (and I mean it, this is my final word; your persecution complex has grown beyond tiresome), your NYC barbs aren't hitting the mark. I love living in NYC, every bit as much you surely love whatever remote prairie outpost you reside in. I've traveled to every state in the union, save Alaska, and most of the big cities, too, and I choose to live in NYC, along with millions of other people from across the country and around the world who know a good thing when they see it.

But I'm proud to say was born and raised in Oklahoma. I lived there till I was 24. That's where my values were formed, where I became the person I am.

So if you wish to make snide insinuations about a particular locale and the impact and influence it has had on me, it's Oklahoma you should be insulting, not New York City.

I wouldn't recommend that on this board, though.

Good day, sad Cheno.

It's funny that you viewed my first post as antagonistic and got your shorts in a wad over it, when all I was saying was that, based on your previous posts on this topic, you would likely think it was a bad idea for Capel to coach the USA team. I was not trying to stir a hornet's nest at all; I was just recalling your stated opinions about it the last time around.

:ez-laugh: Yeah, okay. You ain't gonna get this dumb old Midwestern prairie boy to believe that. Funny how you'd even care about what my statments years ago were about the topic. Especially since you've told us all you rarely give Coach Sampson a thought and really would rather he not even be brought up.
But okay.

Yours is an inconsistent stance: You thought it was bad for our former coach to lead the USA team, but good for our current one.

Really? I didn't realize I had even taken a stance in this thread. You had already made my mind up for me before I even had a chance to read this thread and post a stance. Funny how you do that....but you weren't trying to "stir a hornet's nest" now were you? Unbelievable.
Actually it's not.

For some reason, methinks Cheno protests too loudly!

Methinks a couple people worry about Cheno waaaay too much.
Cheno must be very important.

Back