Carmelo Anthony to the Thunder

I would say so. Melo will probably want to stay too because he would lose a ton of money to opt out so he'll be a big recruiting part to keep the big 3 in OKC.

I just can't even fathom that OKC has Westbrook, PG, and Melo....just amazing.

For what it is worth, Kanter thinks WEstbrook will sign the extension this year.

And Melo is actively recruiting Wade

DKksY1IUEAE5bKA.jpg:large

I gained a lot of respect for Anthony when I watched the last Olympics. It was obvious that it was very important to him to get that Gold Medal.

I gained a lot of respect for Anthony when I watched the last Olympics. It was obvious that it was very important to him to get that Gold Medal.

Agreed. OKC not only landed two great players in Anthony and George, they are also known as class acts on and off the court.

If I could have seen this coming, I would have gladly packed that other guy's bags long before he left town like a thief in the night!

And Russ signs a 5 year extension. Nice off season for OKC.

lol, how's this working out so far?

This was never going to be a good mesh of talent. They'll win games b/c they have too much talent not to. But this isn't a championship team.

This was never going to be a good mesh of talent. They'll win games b/c they have too much talent not to. But this isn't a championship team.

10 games is a little too early to make that call.

They are playing very good defense. Which is a good sign.
I'd rather be playing good defense and not good offense than vice versa at this point in the season.

I thought we would be clicking by now, and it concerns me a bit, but not worried yet. If we are still playing 500 ball after 20 games, I'll be worried

Are your Boston Celtics a championship team?

As much as I hate to say it, the GS Warriors have the best team in the NBA, and no one else is even close. So, using that as a barometer for how well the Thunder will do this season, their chances of winning a championship are just as good as the Celtics. Barring a season-ending injury to someone like KD or Steph Curry, I think the championship trophy could be mailed to the Warriors right now.

Are your Boston Celtics a championship team?

Without Hayward?

Probably not. I think the bench is too weak.

But I'd argue with their start this season, if they had Hayward, I'd say they had a legit chance. Of course GS has the best team. Doesn't mean they can't be beaten though. And I think the Celtics are still better, even without Hayward, then the Thunder. JMO though.

The west is loaded. It would not surprise me if the celtics had a very good record bc of playing in the east.

Will be an interesting thread to revisit through the season. The Thunder's schedule has not been tough yet, except for this long road trip, but the Celtics' schedule isn't any better

Celtic's schedule hasn't been too easy. A loss to Cleveland, but wins over SA and OKC, and wins against Atlanta and Milwaukee, both playoff teams last year. 76er's are talented this year as well.

You are right though, it's early in the season. I just like what I've seen from Boston. We didn't know what to expect from Brown and Tatum, and both have been excellent. Rozier appears solid off the bench as well.

Celtics now have wins over SA, OKC, and GS.

Brad Stevens is one heck of a coach.

I watched the Celtics come from seventeen down to beat GS last night. Impressive win with one of their best players on the injured list. I like their chemistry, no doubt a product of Brad Stevens coaching.

For the record, I didn’t tune in because I’m a Boston fan. I’m always for any team that can send GS players home with a loss. What a bunch of cry babies!

Finally playing better as Melo basically becomes the stretch 4 and it opens up everything on offense. May win about 13 or 14 games in December.

Finally playing better as Melo basically becomes the stretch 4 and it opens up everything on offense. May win about 13 or 14 games in December.

Looking much better

Bout damn time. Just took longer to get the kinks and roles figured out.

Still think it was a terrible mesh of talent, and all of the trading and stuff simply created a roster that wasn't deep enough or good enough outside of the top 3-4 players.

OKC lucked into the 4 seed by being extremely healthy all season, while quite a few other teams had a significant number of games missed by "star" players. Then they lose, with home court advantage, to a Utah team with no All-Stars.

And Westbrook finished the series shooting under 40% from the field, and shot under 40% from the field in 4 of the 6 games. And then acts like a clown after the game. smh

Last edited:
Carmelo was not a good fit. and now they are stuck with him.

Westbrook and PG together are good.

I disagree about injuries. I don't care what anyone says, losing andre roberson was big

First course of action should be to can donovan.
Keep PG. Find a creative way to get melo out of town. sign Grant

Back