Chad Ford chat tidbits on Blake Griffin

Smash Williams

Reaction score
Nothing we didn't already know...
Thomas (Memphis, TN): How legit is Blake Griffin as a #1 pick in the NBA??

Chad Ford: I just spent the day with him in San Francisco on Monday. All I can say is wow. The physical tools are amazing and the workout he goes through everyday is the most grueling I've ever seen. Griffin looks like he's training to be a Navy SEAL. However, what was really impressive was the basketball part with former Spurs head coach Bob Hill. He's much more skilled offensively than you think. Excellent ball handler and nice stroke with some three point range. And he's a nice, grounded kid with a very cool family. I was super impressed.
Craig (LA): Which lottery team is the best situation for Blake Griffin?

Chad Ford: If I'm Griffin I'm praying that the Knicks or Thunder win the lottery. Worst case scenario for him is the Clippers or Timberwolves.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=26428

Hey Smash, the biggest misconception that I think all year about Blake Griffin was that's he's just a physical beast and not getting the credit that he should as a complete basketball player. His basketball IQ is higher than a guy like Hansborough's, but the dunks and high percentage shots take away from that credit. I definetely can see Blake being a guy that can get the rebound and push the ball like he has done several times this year on a consistent basis. If you look at a guy like Odom who pushes the ball off of the rebound, Blake is very capable of doing the same. His court vision is as good as a PGs. The one knock that I do give him is he holds the ball too long in the post sometimes.

Knicks or Thunder would be awesome. If it's the Knicks, he's on the biggest stage in the world. If it's the Thunder, we all get to watch him up close and the Thunder would be good for years to come.

I don't know the time, but I think it is Tuesday May 19th

I'd love it if BG came to the Knicks. After 27 years in NYC, I'd have a reason to cheer for them.

I love this new found non-sense that cropped up in the spring about him being an overrated pro. He will be the best no. 1 pick sense Dwight Howard.

Three things make you an idiot if you don't take Blake.

He is more athletic than 95% of the players in the league.

He is smarter than 95% of the players in the league.

He works harder than 95% of the players in the league.

Knicks or Thunder would be awesome. If it's the Knicks, he's on the biggest stage in the world. If it's the Thunder, we all get to watch him up close and the Thunder would be good for years to come.

I have been hoping for this scenario!

I love this new found non-sense that cropped up in the spring about him being an overrated pro. He will be the best no. 1 pick sense Dwight Howard.

Three things make you an idiot if you don't take Blake.

He is more athletic than 95% of the players in the league.

He is smarter than 95% of the players in the league.

He works harder than 95% of the players in the league.

From a skill standpoint, he's better than Dwight Howard right now.

Back