Coach Kruger Email

CoachTalk

Reaction score
Coach,

We hope this note finds your academic year off to a fantastic start. Our players have been back in for only a few days. We had all of them on campus this summer for eight weeks taking class, working out and spending a good amount of time in the weight room. We are confident that each one of our guys worked hard in each area to make themselves better for the upcoming year!

As we have stated very clearly, this group is HIGHLY motivated and has set a standard of hard work that far exceeds any other group we have had. We will start work in the weight room again shortly and then get back on the court as a team on September 15 with limited workouts. Practice will officially start October 6, so please mark your calendars.

Always know that when practice begins in October, the practices are always open and you are welcome to bring your staff and/or players. Please make sure to contact the office in advance so we can be aware you are planning to attend. We are required to have a day off each week. We will let you know our location as well, either the practice gym or Lloyd Noble. We will provide you with a copy of the practice schedule and answer any questions you might have. After practice you can sit down with any member of our staff and talk thru our plan, and listen to any ideas you might have as well! We are excited about this group of guys and look forward to seeing you at a practice in the near future.

Again, if there is anything we can do to help you, please don’t hesitate to ask. We are all trying to support basketball in this part of the country… at EVERY level.

Boomer Sooner!

Coach Lon Kruger

that's awesome. I used to coach a 10-year old team, wonder if I could get the same access :)

Kruger seems like a genuinely great guy who loves basketball and cares about people.

that's awesome. I used to coach a 10-year old team, wonder if I could get the same access :)

Kruger seems like a genuinely great guy who loves basketball and cares about people.

Anyone is welcome. Ive been several times and I had to walk away from an ast coach so I could watch practice...! Theyll talk as much as you want.

Truly great men.

That's quite a change from the Sampson era. I was a huge KS fan back in the day before he got us in trouble with the NCAA. But, there is no denying that he was not popular with the high school coaches in this state. Open practices were rare, and that included coaches in Oklahoma and Texas.

Major props to Coach Kruger for changing the cultural and the atmosphere in OU's basketball program, and for openly embracing high school coaches as well as fans!

Anyone is welcome. Ive been several times and I had to walk away from an ast coach so I could watch practice...! Theyll talk as much as you want.

Truly great men.

I have a sophomore at BA who is a pretty good HS player and he would love to go. Just have to work out a time to get him there when his team is not practicing. Been a lot of fun.

Coach,

We hope this note finds your academic year off to a fantastic start. Our players have been back in for only a few days. We had all of them on campus this summer for eight weeks taking class, working out and spending a good amount of time in the weight room. We are confident that each one of our guys worked hard in each area to make themselves better for the upcoming year!

As we have stated very clearly, this group is HIGHLY motivated and has set a standard of hard work that far exceeds any other group we have had. We will start work in the weight room again shortly and then get back on the court as a team on September 15 with limited workouts. Practice will officially start October 6, so please mark your calendars.

Always know that when practice begins in October, the practices are always open and you are welcome to bring your staff and/or players. Please make sure to contact the office in advance so we can be aware you are planning to attend. We are required to have a day off each week. We will let you know our location as well, either the practice gym or Lloyd Noble. We will provide you with a copy of the practice schedule and answer any questions you might have. After practice you can sit down with any member of our staff and talk thru our plan, and listen to any ideas you might have as well! We are excited about this group of guys and look forward to seeing you at a practice in the near future.

Again, if there is anything we can do to help you, please don’t hesitate to ask. We are all trying to support basketball in this part of the country… at EVERY level.

Boomer Sooner!

Coach Lon Kruger

Just out of curiosity, have you ever gotten an email like this from any of the other local D1 coaches (in Norman, Tulsa or Stillwater)?

Just out of curiosity, have you ever gotten an email like this from any of the other local D1 coaches (in Norman, Tulsa or Stillwater)?

TU does send out emails to coaches. Not as often. OSU sends one out by mail about December or January but it's mainly to advertise for their team camp.

OU sends out 3-4 a season.

Back