Congrats to the OU Softball Team!!!

Clickbait. Every single concern he raises applies to every collegiate sport of any standing and every competitive program within them. To single OU out is silly, especially given OU had fewer transfers on its team than most of the other teams in the WCWS (as he finally acknowledges deep into the article).

Also, he seems to be wholly unaware that softball has always allowed transfers. The "transfer portal" doesn't even apply to softball.

As for NIL, again, what he states applies in every sport: Successful programs have more fans and therefore will receive more money in NIL support. If nothing changes, will that mean less parity? Very likely--in every single sport. Again, to single out OU in this context is pure clickbait.

I noted that site doesn't allow comments. I can see why.

Clickbait. Every single concern he raises applies to every collegiate sport of any standing and every competitive program within them. To single OU out is silly, especially given OU had fewer transfers on its team than most of the other teams in the WCWS (as he finally acknowledges deep into the article).

Also, he seems to be wholly unaware that softball has always allowed transfers. The "transfer portal" doesn't even apply to softball.

As for NIL, again, what he states applies in every sport: Successful programs have more fans and therefore will receive more money in NIL support. If nothing changes, will that mean less parity? Very likely--in every single sport. Again, to single out OU in this context is pure clickbait.

I noticed the same thing. My first thought was, "Did Geno Auriema ruin women's college basketball? What about Pat Summit?" Now if he said Sulky Mulky was ruining women's college basketball, he might have a point!

I noticed the same thing. My first thought was, "Did Geno Auriema ruin women's college basketball? What about Pat Summit?" Now if he said Sulky Mulky was ruining women's college basketball, he might have a point!

His issue (if he even genuinely has one) is with the new rules (though again, transfers are not new to softball), not OU. OU didn't create those rules..

Great post, friend. I hope you'll forgive me, but I've just gotta correct one tiny mistake: It's 53 consecutive wins.

Thanks for the correction, ole’ friend! I should have checked instead of trusting my memory, a risky move on my part these days! 😝

I started taking my daughter to the WCWS when she was in middle school. She fell in love with Ricketts, Chamberlain, and Shay Knighten. We were fortunate to attend the 2013, 16, & 17 WCWSs, back when you could always find prime tickets outside the stadium, as teams were eliminated, and their fans tried to unload them before going home. My daughter went off to college in 2016, and her desire to watch them seemed to die down.

I continued to follow the team each year but rarely went to games because it was kinda our daddy/daughter thing to do. She also enjoyed watching the women's bball team in person, and that also died out. During the last game against FSU I was pretty loud during the game. Once we scored and took the lead, I ran into my daughter's room to tell her the good news, and she was sitting in front of her TV, watching the game.

Before I could say anything, she said, "Dad, this team is AWESOME and will always be one of my favorite Sooner teams. I simply smiled, because I had no clue she was even interested anymore. LOL.... guess we will try to get back out to the park next season. :)

I know this is for softball….but don’t forget gymnastics … Boomer

and congrats to pippa lotta enok, with honorable mention shoutout to kennedy blackmon and layne sleeth. ladies holdin it down…

Yeah, these articles aren't worth reading. Especially the ones where they claim the team is cheering too much.

This offseason was an embarrassment of riches in the portal, where OU basically picked whoever they wanted. This is the first time, though, and it's still predominantly a non-portal team (Bahl, Jennings, Coleman, Lyons, Hansen, May, Boone). They're also not transferring here for NIL money -- it's about an opportunity to train with the GOAT.

Storako has been great, and may have been the best pitcher in the B10, but she's third on this team. There's absolutely no reason to think this season would have been different with Bahl, May, and Deal.

Sanders was a great addition, but she was actually pretty bad this year after an incredible freshman season. I'm sure she'll rebound, but she wasn't the reason behind this title.

Lee was a key player this season, but I wonder how much better she was than if we still had Zaida Puni. It was really funny to me that Tennessee was picked by many as the most likely team to knock us off, and two of their best players (Puni, Donihoo) were transfers from us. Transfer portal works both ways, and it's funny how these clickbait authors always skip over that.

We've had some really good players transfer out, and many of the best coaches in the countries have ties here either as coaches (Florida, OSU, Oregon) or players (FSU). There is no question what university is contributing the most to college softball currently.

Sanders was a great addition, but she was actually pretty bad this year after an incredible freshman season. I'm sure she'll rebound, but she wasn't the reason behind this title.

Sanders got off to a frustratingly slow start, but she was a valuable contributor in the last third of the season. She had some key hits (her homer in the final game, to name just one) and her defense was solid.

It seems as if many softball players who make a big splash as freshmen experience a decline their sophomore season, and with Sanders changing schools, perhaps that "sophomore swoon" was exacerbated. But she definitely carried her weight down the stretch.

Sanders got off to a frustratingly slow start, but she was a valuable contributor in the last third of the season. She had some key hits (her homer in the final game, to name just one) and her defense was solid.

It seems as if many softball players who make a big splash as freshmen experience a decline their sophomore season, and with Sanders changing schools, perhaps that "sophomore swoon" was exacerbated. But she definitely carried her weight down the stretch.

Yes, I don't mean to badmouth or come off as overly negative -- just that this team could have won it all without transfers, although certainly not a 61-1. I expect her to play a big role next year, and an even bigger role the following year after our exodus of extremely talented HS recruits. We're very fortunate to have her.

Yes, I don't mean to badmouth or come off as overly negative -- just that this team could have won it all without transfers, although certainly not a 61-1. I expect her to play a big role next year, and an even bigger role the following year after our exodus of extremely talented HS recruits. We're very fortunate to have her.

I agree with you.

just can’t thank jordy enough. wishing her the best. would be a lot of fun to face her down the road.

Back