Could Boeheim be in trouble?

It'll be interesting to see how Boeheim is treated relative to Petrino. As far as I know, there's no evidence that Boeheim knew anything, so he may be in the clear.

The saddest part of all this IMO is that 7th paragraph. People who get molested have a tendency to victimize kids themselves. It's a cycle that doesn't end.

Speaking of not ending... one of the accusers had a relationship with Fine into his late 20s. That's kinda weird.

That last guy is not credible. It may have happened, I have no actual knowledge but coming forward after he was in trouble looks bad. His own dad saying he was lying also looks bad. Standing on its own, the third guy probably can't even get Fine fired. I am not saying that is right, I just think it is the perception most people will have.

Jim Boeheim has and always will be an ***hole, situations like this and when his teams were rightfully snubbed from the tournament a few years ago reveal his true character.

Yes. He is completely insufferable.

If for nothing else Boeheim should be fired for being a complete moron. In the wake of the PSU scandal, when this broke, his first reaction was to absolutely torch the accusers in the media with no regard for what happens if it turns out to be true? Okay I really don't think he should be fired solely for being stupid, but damn, that was dumb.

If for nothing else Boeheim should be fired for being a complete moron. In the wake of the PSU scandal, when this broke, his first reaction was to absolutely torch the accusers in the media with no regard for what happens if it turns out to be true? Okay I really don't think he should be fired solely for being stupid, but damn, that was dumb.

Did that really happen? What I saw was strong support for Fine rather than torching the accusers. I am not saying he didn't torch the accusers but I did not read, hear or see that on TV.

Did that really happen? What I saw was strong support for Fine rather than torching the accusers. I am not saying he didn't torch the accusers but I did not read, hear or see that on TV.

Yes, it happened. Just do a google search of "Jim Boeheim liars" and there are quite a few opinion pieces about it. He called the accusers "liars" (that's a quote) and also said they were just out for money. It's one thing to support your friend. It's another thing to say something so monumentally stupid. The only reason (thus far) that Boeheim's job would be in question is because of the irresponsible comments he made. Since then he has obviously back peddled but to a certain extent the damage has been done.

This was his response when the original story first broke:

"There is only one side to this story. He is lying"

"Why would he go to ESPN? What are people looking for here? I believe they are looking for money. I believe they saw what happened at Penn State and they are using ESPN to get money. That is what I believe. You want to put that on the air? Put that on the air."

I mean I'm not trying to convict Fine here. Who knows what actually happened. I just know when you're in Boeheim's position you simply can't come out and make statements like that. It is absolutely crazy to do so.

Yes, it happened. Just do a google search of "Jim Boeheim liars" and there are quite a few opinion pieces about it. He called the accusers "liars" (that's a quote) and also said they were just out for money. It's one thing to support your friend. It's another thing to say something so monumentally stupid. The only reason (thus far) that Boeheim's job would be in question is because of the irresponsible comments he made. Since then he has obviously back peddled but to a certain extent the damage has been done.

Calling them liars was/is stupid. Nothing can be gained from that.

From the story on Yahoo this morning, it sure looks like the first guy and his girlfriend went to almost everybody, (ESPN, PAPER, etc.) and nobody would bring out his story. Fine's wife confirmed his "love" of boys. Teams and staffs are close knit. I say Jim B. knew.

Teams and staffs are close knit. I say Jim B. knew.

Especially with having had a 50 year friendship! Boeheim was back to his arrogant self tonight in post game interview where he kept sarcastically using the phrase "on MY watch". D1ckie Vitale is certainly in the wings waiting to catch Jimmy Boeheim if and when he falls!

what if they are lying? what if they lied about coach b walking in on them?

So far, there's no evidence that Boeheim knew what was going on with Fine. That's not to say that he know about it and tried to hide it. Even if he keeps his job, I think ultimately people will wonder if he knew. It's especially odd considering Fine may have molested ball boys, and the team and coaches would see how he acts toward them.

That said, I don't like the way he's handled it. He was extremely defensive of Fine over very serious allegations. I realize Fine is a very close friend and he wants to defend him. But, the allegations against Fine are very serious and he blew them off.

I like Boeheim, unlike a lot of other people here.

That said, I don't think it was wise of him to be so outspoken the way he was.
That said, I think especially in the wake of the Penn State thing, it's really hard to know how to handle something like this. Everybody at PSU was all quiet about it, until boom, everybody is fired. He might have thought, "Well I better vehemently deny this stuff before I end up like Paterno."

I don't think there is any reason for Boeheim to lose his job if he didn't know anything.

I will say that this whole story is WAYYYYY weirder than the Penn State one. I have no freaking CLUE what to believe. The one guy says he also banged Fine's wife? And that he traded fondling for money into his late 20s? Just really, really weird stuff.

Back