Couple of thoughts

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
- I hope a few of you noticed the shredded paper flying through the air. The students had a blast with it today.

- TJ and Cam were flat out having a blast at the game. My buddy said that they were jumping up and down and waving good-bye to a Whorn fan in their section!

- Aziz N'Diaye is a big, bad man. Along with being 7 feet tall, he has a build that just makes him look like a NBA baller. Really looked the part.

- Funny story regarding Rick Barnes: So after the game, around 50 of us Capelables stayed after to listen to Coach Capel and celebrate with the Player of the Game (Ryan Wright today). Rick comes out to do his post game and he is leaving, we shout out, "Hey Rickey, Scott Drew OWNS YOU *clap clap clap clap clap*.... You guys should have seen the look on is face. A few more things were said until he reached the tunnel where he proceeded to flip us the bird and head out for the night.

- Thanks to all that signed Wayman's poster. It was a wonderful moment to present the poster to the Tisdale family after the game. Lots of teary eyes....

Great win folks. Our program needed this one....

The thing that stuck out to me most regarding N'Diaye is the fact that he is really solidly built. As you said, really looks the part.

The thing that stuck out to me most regarding N'Diaye is the fact that he is really solidly built. As you said, really looks the part.

Dude has a massive chest. It was funny watching him standing next to Joe C before the game. haha

- I hope a few of you noticed the shredded paper flying through the air. The students had a blast with it today.

- TJ and Cam were flat out having a blast at the game. My buddy said that they were jumping up and down and waving good-bye to a Whorn fan in their section!

- Aziz N'Diaye is a big, bad man. Along with being 7 feet tall, he has a build that just makes him look like a NBA baller. Really looked the part.

- Funny story regarding Rick Barnes: So after the game, around 50 of us Capelables stayed after to listen to Coach Capel and celebrate with the Player of the Game (Ryan Wright today). Rick comes out to do his post game and he is leaving, we shout out, "Hey Rickey, Scott Drew OWNS YOU *clap clap clap clap clap*.... You guys should have seen the look on is face. A few more things were said until he reached the tunnel where he proceeded to flip us the bird and head out for the night.

- Thanks to all that signed Wayman's poster. It was a wonderful moment to present the poster to the Tisdale family after the game. Lots of teary eyes....

Great win folks. Our program needed this one....

that is hilarious. You definitely said the one thing that sent Barnes over the edge. He obviously hates Drew with a passion. It showed after Baylor beat them last weekend. In the post game comments, he made zero mention of Baylor and Drew. When asked specific questions about Drew and Baylor, he immediately changed the subject and gave no credit to the Bears for beating them.

Great job by the Sooners today. Haven't watched the game yet since it was on the same time as the Bears and Aggies, but I plan on watching the replay tomorrow.

If he loses to Drew again in March in Waco, Ricky could do something that will forever tarnish his reputation. Like a John Chaney/Calipari episode. The Ferret definitely has that in him. And the pressure of another disappointing season for UT in terms of expectations is starting to build.

I didn't realize there was bad blood between Barnes and Drew. What caused that?

the cliff note version is this:

Baylor beat UT in the big12 tournament. An article came out the next morning in the New York Times implying that Drew used questionable recruiting tactics although Barnes never said what those were.

At the time, Barnes was convinced that Baylor was going to land John Wall. That prospect bothered Barnes because Baylor had hired Dwon Clifton who was the brother of Wall's AAU coach- Brian Clifton.

The article stated some tough guy statement by Barnes like, "Drew knows not to cross a line with me." Barnes made sure to mention that UT and Baylor don't compete for recruits basically implying that Drew knows better than to try and recruit a player we (UT) want.

Drew called Barnes and said, "What's up with that article?" Barnes was apologetic and said he was taken out of context. Drew told Barnes, "We can go there if you want to go there."

Since that point, there has been bad blood. And the more Baylor competes with and beats UT, the worse it will get. When UT was beating Baylor every year, there was no mention of what was bothering Barnes about Drew. But throw in a couple of losses and we have a situation.

Last edited:
Here is a pic after the Capelables presented the signed Wayman poster to the Tisdale family.

thetisdales.jpg

Funny story regarding Rick Barnes: So after the game, around 50 of us Capelables stayed after to listen to Coach Capel and celebrate with the Player of the Game (Ryan Wright today). Rick comes out to do his post game and he is leaving, we shout out, "Hey Rickey, Scott Drew OWNS YOU *clap clap clap clap clap*.... You guys should have seen the look on is face. A few more things were said until he reached the tunnel where he proceeded to flip us the bird and head out for the night.

Classic. I love that 18-22 year olds acting their age and completely appropriately caused that fool to act like a child. He knows it is true and had no response other than FU.

the cliff note version is this:

Baylor beat ut in the big12 tournament. An article came out the next morning in the new york times implying that drew used questionable recruiting tactics although barnes never said what those were.

At the time, barnes was convinced that baylor was going to land john wall. That prospect bothered barnes because baylor had hired dwon clifton who was the brother of wall's aau coach- brian clifton.

The article stated some tough guy statement by barnes like, "drew knows not to cross a line with me." barnes made sure to mention that ut and baylor don't compete for recruits basically implying that drew knows better than to try and recruit a player we (ut) want.

Drew called barnes and said, "what's up with that article?" barnes was apologetic and said he was taken out of context. Drew told barnes, "we can go there if you want to go there."

since that point, there has been bad blood. And the more baylor competes with and beats ut, the worse it will get. When ut was beating baylor every year, there was no mention of what was bothering barnes about drew. But throw in a couple of losses and we have a situation.

lol

Attachments

• 281x211.jpg
    281x211.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1
Back