Crocker ties single-half scoring record, really?

McG78

Reaction score
I can't believe how dumb TV announcers/research crews can be. Last night when we came back from the half, the announcer says that Crockers first half 29 points ties OU's single half record set by Ebi Ere. If I'm not mistaken, Wayman Tisdale scored 61 points. So Wayman necessarily had to score more than 29 points in a half. Maybe the announcer meant to say a "first half record."

P.S. I think when Brent Price scored 56 he scored 33 in the second half.

I noticed that as well and thought I need to brush up on the new math. I'm sure the Wayman outing was not a overtime event so it "must" be a first half statistic if anything.

Maybe a record for the first half?

Then again, I think Wayman had 36 in the first half of game I saw back in December of '84. That's the game where he scored 55 against Tubbs' alma mater (Southwestern University).

As far as the Big 12 is concerned, Mike Houck today said Crocker's 7 three-pointers and 29 points were league (Big 12) records for a half. Not sure the exact phrasing the announcers used in their statement, but they could have been referring to this stat.

Well, Carpenter also said that "we are having perhaps one of the most interesting first halves EVER at the Lloyd noble center." if that were true it would be very sad.

Well, Carpenter also said that "we are having perhaps one of the most interesting first halves EVER at the Lloyd noble center." if that were true it would be very sad.
It was made more interesting by now many consecutive points he had for OU to start the game more than anything else. Wasn't it 15? I've never seen that. Well, in high school yes.

Last edited:
It made interesting by now many consecutive points he had for OU to start the game more than anything else. Wasn't it 15? I've never seen that. Well, in high school yes.

I think he had the first 16 points.

and 29 points were league (Big 12) records for a half.

Mike Singletary (Tech) scored 29 straight points against A&M in the second half last year in the big 12 tournament.

They said Crocker's 29 first half points were the most since Ebi Ere did it back in whatever the year was. I don't think they ever said what the record for points in a half was, but I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure he said it tied a Sooner record for points in a half set by Ebi Ere.

There's no way that's true unless Wayman scored some points in the pre game when he scored 61.

Back