Damion James looked like...

Shooterms

Reaction score
...a boy who had just lost his puppy.

When he came into the media room for questions, he never looked up, never lifted his head, wouldn't look at the people asking him questions and just looked beaten.

When I looked at the OU backdrop behind him, and thought about how he treated Coach Capel, I could not only not feel sorry for him, I felt a bit of joy.

Thank you for sharing this golden nugget of info with us. I enjoyed it.

When he came into the media room for questions, he never looked up, never lifted his head, wouldn't look at the people asking him questions and just looked beaten.

When I looked at the OU backdrop behind him, and thought about how he treated Coach Capel, I could not only not feel sorry for him, I felt a bit of joy.

While this loss probably hurts a bit...he knows his team is reeling right now. A loss at home on Monday makes it 5 out of 7 and good bye Houston regional.

Scottie Reynolds and Jeremy Mayfield backed out of their letters of intent, too, but neither of them treated Capel the way James did. What a joke!

That was bush league to put his brother on the phone with Capel to impersonate him. Does Capel ever really acknowledge him after games during the handshakes?

That was bush league to put his brother on the phone with Capel to impersonate him. Does Capel ever really acknowledge him after games during the handshakes?

Considering that Jeff is a stand up individual I am pretty sure he did.

That is weak, but it still would have been nice if he had come to OU. He's played a lot of good basketball for the douchekins.

Great info. The way he shot freethrows troday made me believe that his little sister was impersonating him in the LNC.:p

Screw Benedict James.

He brought it on himself. All he had to do was be straight up with Capel like Scottie Reynolds apparently was instead of playing little games. I don't have the dislike for Reynolds like I do James, and it's not because he's at UT (that sure doesn't help though). It's the way he handled it with his brother on the phone or whatever it was. He gets what he gets from Sooner fans, and maybe our young team and crowd chanting "traitor" helped teach him a small lesson...if only a very little one at this point in time. It sure looked like it was bothering him.

I agree with many of the posters on this thread... Capel calling him and recruiting him is a great compliment; doing that classless act having his brother talk on the phone still is unbelievable to me. What a punk.

He brought it on himself. All he had to do was be straight up with Capel like Scottie Reynolds apparently was instead of playing little games. I don't have the dislike for Reynolds like I do James, and it's not because he's at UT (that sure doesn't help though). It's the way he handled it with his brother on the phone or whatever it was. He gets what he gets from Sooner fans, and maybe our young team and crowd chanting "traitor" helped teach him a small lesson...if only a very little one at this point in time. It sure looked like it was bothering him.

I was hoping that one of the reporters would have asked him about the traitor chant and if he had any regrets doing what he did. :ez-laugh:

I was hoping that one of the reporters would have asked him about the traitor chant and if he had any regrets doing what he did. :ez-laugh:

I've been in a lot of media rooms during a lot of interviews with losing players. I've never seen a player so down.

Oh, and Rick Barnes is a <bad word>.

I'd have settled for hearing how he liked being serenaded with "Traitor! Traitor!"

By the way, have any UT boards and/or Bevoid-homer media outlets in Texas taken issue with our mean ol' student body and the disrespected they showed the UT golden boys? :)

Last edited:
One thing I noticed during the game was Crocker guarding him and he was essentially the same height. No way James is 6'8"; gonna hurt his draft stock when he gets measured barefoot at the combine.

It was great when he fouled out and the students chanted "traitor" as NM Sooner said

One thing I noticed during the game was Crocker guarding him and he was essentially the same height. No way James is 6'8"; gonna hurt his draft stock when he gets measured barefoot at the combine.

It was great when he fouled out and the students chanted "traitor" as NM Sooner said

I noticed that, too. I also noticed that there was no love lost between the two. I bet Crocker feels a bit of vindication from this all, too. He was the player that got most screwed by the guys backing out. It was definitely physical between those two.

I noticed that, too. I also noticed that there was no love lost between the two. I bet Crocker feels a bit of vindication from this all, too. He was the player that got most screwed by the guys backing out. It was definitely physical between those two.

Probably cost Crocker a final four appearance...maybe more.

When James fouled out, I noticed our players on the bench standing and applauding. I chuckled at that from by sofa in KC.

Back