Darion Anderson gets waiver from NCAA. ISU still waiting on Royce White

thebigabd

Reaction score
Big news for Iowa State, this guy was an 1,100 point scorer at a D-1 school. They are still waiting to hear on Royce White, who transferred in from Minnesota.

AMES, Iowa- Iowa State announced today that men's basketball player Darion "Jake" Anderson has been granted a waiver by the NCAA and is immediately eligible for the 2010-11 season.

"Words can't express how I feel right now," Anderson said. "It was a long process and I kept my faith and I am just happy to be able to continue my collegiate career as a Cyclone. I want to thank the NCAA for allowing me this chance. I really did not have a backup plan, so going through the waiting process was really tough."

The 6-2 guard was a three-year starter for the Huskies, amassing 1,152 points. He was named Mid-American Conference Freshman of the Year in 2008 and earned Second-Team All-MAC honors in 2009 after averaging 16.9 points and 5.4 rebounds.

http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=46661&SPID=4252&ATCLID=204995013&DB_OEM_ID=10700

i'm not getting your spin lately, bigabd. i mean it was pretty much guaranteed that this guy was going to get a waiver. no one ever suggested that he wouldn't play this year. so i'm not sure how this is big news.

i also am skeptical how much of an impact he'll make. imo, he'll be behind garrett, christopherson and their juco combo guard. maybe if they go with a 3 guard lineup he'll get more time than it seems like he might.

i'm not getting your spin lately, bigabd. i mean it was pretty much guaranteed that this guy was going to get a waiver. no one ever suggested that he wouldn't play this year. so i'm not sure how this is big news.

In a previous thread people were asking questions about Anderson being able to play right away, and at the time he had not received a waiver.

i also am skeptical how much of an impact he'll make. imo, he'll be behind garrett, christopherson and their juco combo guard. maybe if they go with a 3 guard lineup he'll get more time than it seems like he might.

I am guessing that Anderson will be the starting two, as he seems to be a better player than Christopherson. Christopherson is a perfect "shooter off the bench" type.

The juco guy will backup the 1/2 spots, and Ejim will play the 3/4. If Royce isnt eligible Ejim will probably play a lot of PF.

sorry, i must have missed that people were questioning his playing this year.

I still don't understand why a guy getting kicked out school for illegal activities would get a waiver from the NCAA (White not Anderson).

I've never heard of these guys. Are they any good? Good enough to make ISU a contender? Are they going to help ISU finish in the top half of the conference? I'm curious about the Selby situation. He's still not declared eligible.

I've never heard of these guys. Are they any good? Good enough to make ISU a contender? Are they going to help ISU finish in the top half of the conference? I'm curious about the Selby situation. He's still not declared eligible.

Yes, they are both good. Anderson averaged 17ppg against Northern Illinois.

Royce White was a Jordan's All-American who had offers from the entire Big 10, but got in trouble and never played a minute for Tubby Smith at Minnesota.

Back