Dear Sooner Fans (Note from Lon Kruger)

SoonerTraveler

Reaction score
I received this today, and am passing it along to all the wonderful Sooner fans that read this message board.

Dear Sooner Fans,

We wanted to take a quick moment and say thank you on behalf of the all the players and staff for the outstanding support throughout this past season. The success of this team is shared among all Sooners!

This team grew both on the court and off. These Sooners represented the University of Oklahoma in a first class manner and will continue to do so in the future. Our conversation with the team has always included an effort to set a new standard. Each player would tell you that we aspire to reach this level each year. We are proud of the seniors who led by example. Our underclassman, freshman thru juniors, worked each day to push one another and continue to raise the bar. Getting in the NCAA tournament was not enough for this group and that showed with the run to Syracuse and the Sweet 16. Hopefully the returners will keep these memories clear and want to experience these feelings year after year.

As we look ahead to 2015-2016, we welcome three new faces to an already experienced group. Our challenge will be to prepare them for another tough non-conference schedule, and the always brutal Big 12 Conference. We ask you to encourage everyone to continue their support and ask those that have not taken the opportunity to experience Sooner Basketball to join in the excitement!

Thank you again for being a part of great season!

Coach Kruger

Thank YOU, Coach Kruger, and that great bunch of student athletes. You made 2014-15 a season for Sooner fans to remember. And we know you will be back for an even better run next season.

Coach Kruger is a class act in every way. I'm so glad he recruits student athletes who buy into his philosophy to be good ambassadors for the university both on and off of the court. Sure feels good not to have to worry about negative headlines and reports of embarrassing situations involving our players. Not that it can't happen at some point. But even the minor incidents have been practically nonexistent since he came.

Coach Kruger, OU fans owe you and your staff a debt of gratitude for all you have done for the program, not to mention a very nice run to the Sweet Sixteen this season!

Easily my favorite OU coach. He will actually talk to the fans and media. He will let anybody attend practice. Just don't try to beat him on the golf course you will find out about his competitive drive!

Easily my favorite OU coach. He will actually talk to the fans and media. He will let anybody attend practice. Just don't try to beat him on the golf course you will find out about his competitive drive!

He pretty good on the links?

Back