Dear Student Section

Couple of my favorite chants today:

- You Can't Read (to J'Covan Brown)
- Traitor (D James)
- Doofus Ballboy (Balbay)
- Jenny Craig (Dexter and his flab)
- Scott Drew owns you (Rick Barnes)
- I want Candy (To rick regarding his wife, Candy)
- Wangmene has a mini wang (Wangmene)

The two left/right chants and the Texas Sucks at the end were both wonderful.
I was sitting directly in front of Toby Keith during those chants and he as extremely entertained and doing the left/right with ya.

I could hear the chants while watching the game but couldn't understand most of them. One thing I was thinking in the second half was that it would be really cool to have some type of "Wayman Tisdale" chant, especially at the end of the game. I know that the chants basically always have something to do with the players/coaches/teams in the game but since it was Wayman Tisdale night... Were there ever any Wayman chants?
:eek:ldwt356:

We did start several Wayman Tisdale chants. But everytime we got one going, the crowd's applause would drown it out....not that there is anything wrong with that.

Was there a Texas fan in the student section before the game started? I thought I heard the students yelling 'Throw her out!' and that was the only thing I could think of that would cause that chant.

Was there a Texas fan in the student section before the game started? I thought I heard the students yelling 'Throw her out!' and that was the only thing I could think of that would cause that chant.

You nailed it. I think there were 2 or 3 UT fans in the student section.

What was hilarious when one of the football players went over and actually picked up one of the Texas fans and started to carry him out.

I could hear the chants while watching the game but couldn't understand most of them. One thing I was thinking in the second half was that it would be really cool to have some type of "Wayman Tisdale" chant, especially at the end of the game. I know that the chants basically always have something to do with the players/coaches/teams in the game but since it was Wayman Tisdale night... Were there ever any Wayman chants?
:eek:ldwt356:

Actually the Capelables did a "Wayman Tisdale!" chant at the end of the game but I doubt those that left early or were watching it on TV heard it.

I must admit that I expected a bit more for the tribute but that said, I think the sentiment and heartfelt admiration was abundant. It's just hard to grieve en masse and show proper respect when half the audience probably didn't now what to expect or were already exiting the building.

My hats off to the Student Section.

Traitor was definitely a great moment and yes I joined in

I don't know if it was her or not, but I do know an OU student who is in grad school who is a texas undergrad. As long as they're students getting student tickets, I guess we can't complain too much.

Great Job Students. You set the tone of the crowd. I was right there with you on the traitor chant and left/right! :) My roommate from college came up this weekend from Dallas and we were talking about how we loved to go to all of OU BBall games back in the day. You're in college. Wake up early, have some cold drinks during the day, and go and act crazy at the OU bball games. :)

A cool pic:

waymanandthecapelables.jpg

20234_478635150303_665725303_11061507_7375825_n.jpg

:clap :clap :clap​

haha I LOVE it!

This is the theme that we are going for (Possibly NSFW - language):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8gqsN7-g3w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8gqsN7-g3w[/ame]

Back