Dickie V releasing his Top 40

steverocks35

Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/dickvitale/news/story?id=4361336

21. Oklahoma: Blake Griffin is gone, off to the NBA as the No. 1 pick. Jeff Capel's team still has firepower, and Willie Warren will take charge.

A little lower than I'd rank us but not bad.

30. Oklahoma State: Travis Ford's club will be tough. James Anderson is one of the best players that America needs to learn more about

Pokes make his top 40.

32. Texas A&M: Mark Turgeon was surely happy to see Donald Sloan and Bryan Davis pull out of the NBA draft and return to College Station.

37. Tulsa: Doug Wojcik's team features Jerome Jordan in the middle. The Golden Hurricane could win Conference USA.

39. Kansas State: Denis Clemente is an unsung performer on the national stage. Frank Martin will have a dangerous team.

40. Memphis: First-year coach Josh Pastner has big shoes to fill, but his squad will compete for another C-USA crown

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

His top 20 coming up next couple of weeks.

I dont have a problem with #21 right now.... OU is counting on 5 or 6 guys to produce that we have either never seen play or havent played anything but mop-up minutes.

I dont have a problem with #21 right now.... OU is counting on 5 or 6 guys to produce that we have either never seen play or havent played anything but mop-up minutes.

Anything late teens to early twenties is spot on...lost a lot of production from last year and need a bunch of freshmen to step up.

That seems like a reasonable ranking. Nice going Dickie V.

Let me say, I am going to love ESPN's college bball coverage early on without Hansbrough - until Vitale figures out which UNC or Duke guy to pimp next.:rolleyes:

Agreed. I think OU has the talent to move several spots up in the rankings if the newbies mix well with our returning players and everyone comes together as a team. But I'll take #21 to start the season. Seems about right to me.

It's good to see that Dickie V learned from last year's predictions. lol

Every time I see a preseason ranking I think of how we would be a top 5 team with Blake.

I think he has KState too low. They are going to be the 3rd or 4th best team in the Big 12 imo.

Let me say, I am going to love ESPN's college bball coverage early on without Hansbrough - until Vitale figures out which UNC or Duke guy to pimp next.:rolleyes:

Singler is next...

I think he has KState too low. They are going to be the 3rd or 4th best team in the Big 12 imo.

So that means they will have to be better than OU to be 3rd? Maybe they are 4th but there is a ton of competition this year in the big twelve its really hard to tell how any of it is going to play out...I mean you never know, warren could go nutz along with gallon and tmg, we could have that top notch

Really no excuses for KSU fans this year. They seem to come up with them every year. Let's see what Frank Martin can do on the sidelines.

So that means they will have to be better than OU to be 3rd? Maybe they are 4th but there is a ton of competition this year in the big twelve its really hard to tell how any of it is going to play out...I mean you never know, warren could go nutz along with gallon and tmg, we could have that top notch

I think there is a legit chance that they will finish 3rd with us finishing 4th. I have thought that ever since we lost Pattillo. They play in the north, and therefore, only play Texas, OU, OSU, TAMU, and Baylor (who cares about Tech) once.

The thing we have going for us is that we get them at home this year....

Amen brother. I know he's an icon but I just can't stand to hear him anymore. You know Duke and despite all the losses UNC will both be top 5 teams in Dickie V's list.

On the subject I don't mind the ranking at all. I saw some predictions right after last year that had us top 5, which I couldn't see at the time. But now with TMG & Tiny on board who knows. If they live up to their billing we could still come out # 3 in the Big XII and make the top 10 toward the end of the season. I think even with his drama, the addition of Xavier to Kansas with what they already have puts them clearly on top and then there is Texass. Both will have to play like one and done's for us to come out above Texas. Should be a fun year anyway.

Back