Did I hear correctly?

soonerczech

Reaction score
Did they say during the UNC game that UNC has only played 2 home games so far this season? If so, those players have done a great job with only losing what 3 or 4 games so far?

All those games away from home make their 9-2 record coming in impressive. There are a lot of teams out there that are not capable of going 9-2 with only 2 games at home...we are one of them.

Coppin State has done the no home games until Conference play strategy several times over the last 10 years.

They make much more money playing road games than home games, because they receive pay outs from the schools they play on the road. That is much more profitable for them than playing home games in front of 250 people.

The only way schools like UNC, Coppin State and others can support their basketball program is to go on the road against high majors schools. Like seniorsooner said, going on the road is more profitable. I'll bet they make more money in one game against the likes of Oklahoma than two or more games on their home court.

I'll be the first to admit that Saturday's game should not have gone down to the wire. But give UNC credit for playing their hearts out and proving they were no pushovers. Mid-major or not, the Bears are not a bad team.

While there are many mid-majors who don't play many if any home games early in the season, I think most have records of 2-9 or 3-8 with their first 11 games and not 9-2.

Back