Does anyone else feel Lamb won't make it to KU?

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
I think he commits on his visit or shortly after. Barnes and Lamb will be joined at the hip for those two weeks.

Last edited:
I certainly get that feeling too. I am not confident enough to declare it as a prediction or anything, but I think that it seems really likely. FWIW, I vote Lamb on the last predict a recruit thread and am sticking to that. If it happens we have our back court of the future and it is one the best in the country. Then it's onto the front court where getting Smith and/or Jones would be great.

The coaches will not pressure Doron. However, I really think that they will put the Crimson press on him while he is here. Plus it won't hurt having his friend and ex-teamate in his ear during the whole trip. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

I think OU's best shot for the next commit is Jones. I don't think KU really has a shot with him with all the frontcourt depth coming back. Lamb on the other hand is a guy that many think KU leads for.

Typically the higher the recruit the more visits and longer it seems to draw out.

I'm not sure Lamb would commit while on his visit, but I wouldn't rule it out. WW is getting tons of love from the media and is projected to be a top 10 pick. Can somebody name our SG after WW is gone? I can't seem to think of any, so that would mean immediate playing time for Lamb. Its funny that in almost every update done by Rivals and other services, they always seem to list OU as an afterthought with Lamb, but it was always the only for sure official he knew when he was going to take.

I'm not sure Lamb would commit while on his visit, but I wouldn't rule it out. WW is getting tons of love from the media and is projected to be a top 10 pick. Can somebody name our SG after WW is gone? I can't seem to think of any, so that would mean immediate playing time for Lamb. Its funny that in almost every update done by Rivals and other services, they always seem to list OU as an afterthought with Lamb, but it was always the only for sure official he knew when he was going to take.

Yeah, Stephen Pledger, Cameron Clark, Ray Willis, Cade Davis, Doron Lamb, TJ Taylor. Those would be the candidates.

I think Lamb will take his visits and when it comes decision time, I think the Sooners will be a strong contender to sign him.

I think Lamb will take his visits and when it comes decision time, I think the Sooners will be a strong contender to sign him.

I agree. And a lot can happen between now and then as well. Harrison Barnes is saying he will commit in November. That could effect Lamb's decision. All the PG's still out there could effect it. Who really knows.
I do think OU is in as good, if not better, position with Lamb than anyone.
They have a lot to sell especially as someone brought up with a chance to step in day one in WW's spot.

Jones is to decide in Novemver. When is Lamb going to announce?

Capel is doing something special at OU.

If OU can keep him around we could be watching a big time Program year in and year out in Norman.

Capel is doing something special at OU.
If OU can keep him around we could be watching a big time Program year in and year out in Norman.

Without a doubt. Now we are starting to hear it all the time on the national level as well. Even around here we don't hear very much the old "he's not doing anything that hasn't already been done" comment.
He's taken OU to the next level with talent.

Better check with Pledger before you say that...Head to head, not always a good indicator...but never the less...Out Played Lamb everytime they met...I think 2 or 3 tmes...

Better check with Pledger before you say that...Head to head, not always a good indicator...but never the less...Out Played Lamb everytime they met...I think 2 or 3 tmes...

Oh yea...didnt Pledger Just Dunk on WWIII?

Oh yea...didnt Pledger Just Dunk on WWIII?

haha Indeed he did! I have high hopes for Steven! I hope he does well as a Sooner! I know he chose correctly and we are lucky to have him!

Back