Official Practice Starts Today

Wichita: He wasn't talking about a medical redshirt. Apparently, the NCAA is thinking about letting kids play a certain number of games and still redshirt. They have asked for clarification and don't have it yet. He said Jeff would definitely be out until the end of December but depending on the new rule, maybe he could play some later in the second semester. But, either way, he was not going to do anything that would keep him from redshirting.

BTW, on next Wednesday he said they are going to have an open "Red v. White" scrimmage in the Noble arena so the fans can see the kids before the season starts. I didn't hear him say what time it would be.

As far as whether players will be SEC quality, you just can't know until they play. We have been playing SEC competition for the last three years. I will be surprised if Sam, J Moore, Fears, Elvis and Jones aren't competitive. Good enough to win usually, who knows. It will be tough most nights.
Thanks, that makes a lot more sense than what Lusk posted. I saw a few weeks ago that the NCAA is likely going to go to a rule similar to what they have in football. I would guess it will probably allow kids to play 10-12 games in basketball and still redshirt. Not sure why Lusk referred to it as a medical redshirt. In true NCAA fashion, it seems like they haven't determined the exact number even though the season starts in 12 days.

They should scrimmage at 11:00 this Saturday morning. Might be their best chance to draw a crowd of people who want a break from the ongoing football train wreck.

Listening now. One of the first things Moser mentioned is taking care of the ball 🙄 seems like turnovers have plagued Moser’s teams since he got here.

Ditto on Moser’s excitement on Fears. Also, it’s nice hearing good things about Forsythe.

Sucks about JN. Sounds like he was gonna be really good. But maybe they get him back?

I may not be a Moser fan, but golly I hope he’s successful this year. I will so gladly eat crow.

Has anyone heard about what influence our new hire with Josh Oppenheimer might wield? offense? faster tempo?

Back