Dom Raney update

I have no doubt that Raney is a good player and if DM says he's solid then I'll have to go with that, but the article written by Jeff Meadows on Raney smacks of an advertisement to me. A bit of research on Meadows, a contributor to Hoop Scoop Online, leads me to believe that my gut may be right.

I like having great talent in OU's backyard and hope that those players decide to be a Sooner. Hopefully, Raney is one of those players.

Haven't seen the kid play, so can't comment on his game...but a 49" vertical?

Come on now.

Haven't seen the kid play, so can't comment on his game...but a 49" vertical?

Come on now.

Yeah, that's a stretch, but he has serious hops. He doesn't have dunk on you power, but if he catches you slippin....

I started a thread a week or so ago about Raney. Saw him at the TOC and thought he was great and wondered if OU was recruited him. Wrong all the time, but he looks to me like he could easily play, if not star, at OU. He looks big time to me.
'
By the way, nobody has a 49 vertical. But the kid can fly -- no doubt. Seemed heady as well. He also a hard working kid, so I don't think we would have to worry about the prima dona problem we might be seeing with some of our current kids.

Hahaha, if he had a 49 inch vertical not only would he hold the record for the best vert in NBA history which is 46 inches by spudd webb, he would also only be a few inches short of the world record. I'm going with a no on this one.

I started a thread a week or so ago about Raney. Saw him at the TOC and thought he was great and wondered if OU was recruited him. Wrong all the time, but he looks to me like he could easily play, if not star, at OU. He looks big time to me.
'
By the way, nobody has a 49 vertical. But the kid can fly -- no doubt. Seemed heady as well. He also a hard working kid, so I don't think we would have to worry about the prima dona problem we might be seeing with some of our current kids.

Your sentiments are the exact same as mine. Sometimes I think we expect every recruit to average about 13pts and if they don't average that, they're a bust. This kid may play at a major program and average 6 or 7 points a game, but he's a major prospect.

Back