ESPN Power Rankings have OU at 17

One thing about Gottlieb, he will always give you his honest opinion. If he would have picked OSU high, it would not be because of a bias but rather his honest opinion.

I think Gottlieb is one of the best young guys in the business. I honestly look forward to Vitale retirement and I feel that way about most of the guys that are over 60. I am just sick of their acts. Bilas, Gottlieb, Sundvold and the younger crew are much more interesting and credible to me.

OU, Kansas State, Kansas, Texas, Iowa State, and Missouri will be in the top 25 by January 1st.

If OSU does well in Las Vegas they could be in the Top 25 in Janaury. A split in Vegas and wins in Tulsa and at Stanford probably does it (I think they win at home). Standord is not getting a lot of preseason pub.

If Baylor does well in Florida, they also could be in the Top 25. Alabama is in that tournament but I think Baylor can play with Alabama. At ASU is a tough game but Baylor.

I don't think A&M will be able to crack the top 25. They have a brutal schedule.

Back