ESPN's Emerging Teams

Are they saying or implying OU may be the surprise of the conference? If so, that’s what I think too.

It makes no sense to totally ignore a team with quality depth that returns 70% of their scoring from last year. If someone emerges as a physical presence on the inside to make up, at least to some extent, of the loss of Doolittle, we’ll have a complete team with the potential to be markedly better than last season. While it’s true there are no superstars. I honestly believe this team could be really good, if they develop the right kind of team chemistry. A big IF, to be sure, but possible nevertheless.

Are they saying or implying OU may be the surprise of the conference? If so, that’s what I think too.

It makes no sense to totally ignore a team with quality depth that returns 70% of their scoring from last year. If someone emerges as a physical presence on the inside to make up, at least to some extent, of the loss of Doolittle, we’ll have a complete team with the potential to be markedly better than last season. While it’s true there are no superstars. I honestly believe this team could be really good, if they develop the right kind of team chemistry. A big IF, to be sure, but possible nevertheless.

If Kur has improved enough at team defense and rebounding to stay on the floor, we’ll be just fine...

Back