Fran Fraschilla twitter thoughts

seniorsooner

Reaction score
"Just got done watching OU squeak by Utah. Be honest, you Willie haters. How much have you watched him play this yr.? Please trust me!"

"Willie's playing with young players who don't have a clue yet. Trying to be point guard AND shooting guard. Any top guard would have 3 losses."

"Just going by what my eyes telling me on OU. Good young players, no depth and learning to defend and play smarter."

"Get on Utah's 7'3" David Foster. 20% block pct. is 3rd in country. That's 1 block for 5 of opponent's 2 pt. shots! A defensive factor!"

I actually think we have depth, but Capel has not shown a desire to use that depth. Fitzgerald, Allen, and Willis could all play extended minutes if necessary...

There might be a drop-off for now, but I believe in Fitz and Big O.

Plenty of guard depth though. Pledger and Willis off the bench, along with 4 guards in the starting lineup is plenty.

Fitzgerald has shown me absolutely nothing for quite some time. He looks completely lost out there. I think Big O could provide some scent minutes but he is lacking in th conditioning deparment.

With all due respect to Mr. Fraschilla, I don't listen to anything he says. He drove an above average UNM program into the ground...

I hear ya, but I like Fran. He seems to always have good things to say about our program and he loves capel.

With all due respect to Mr. Fraschilla, I don't listen to anything he says. He drove an above average UNM program into the ground...

He is more qualified than anyone on this board to evaluate and talk hoops. He has done a lot for the Big 12 and he has always has nice things to say about our program. I like the guy....

I've never forgiven him for 1995...

Fitzgerald has shown me absolutely nothing for quite some time. He looks completely lost out there. I think Big O could provide some scent minutes but he is lacking in th conditioning deparment.

Really?? When has he had a chance to even play? I don't see how you can say that when he isn't gettin any time to work.

That's the reason why he doesn't get any time. When capel does put him in (as he did in the first half of the Utah game) he looks like a deer in headlights.

That's the reason why he doesn't get any time. When capel does put him in (as he did in the first half of the Utah game) he looks like a deer in headlights.

Has he got any extended playing time? No. He's constantly worried about messing up and being pulled. You have to give him to adjust to the game.

I actually think we have depth, but Capel has not shown a desire to use that depth. Fitzgerald, Allen, and Willis could all play extended minutes if necessary...

There might be a drop-off for now, but I believe in Fitz and Big O.

Plenty of guard depth though. Pledger and Willis off the bench, along with 4 guards in the starting lineup is plenty.

I also disagree about depth. I think OU has two post players that can give legitimate minutes (Gallon and Wright) and two reserves that don't offer a lot of help but are adequate big bodies. I have hopes for both guys but they are not doing anything at a high level yet. Remeber Szesdrie? He did not get a lot of minutes but when he did, he rebounded really well. Fitzgerald and Allen each need to find something they do really well. It could be defense, rebound, block shots, a patented scoring move, or whatever, but they have to develop that key skill that will contribute when they sub for Tiny and Ryan.

I don't see Willis ready to play at a Big XII level. There is no doubt he has the talent but he is not demonstrating the brain power to play major college ball. Ray Willis (and I only say this because I like him and want him to succeed) has to understand how to go on the floor and help OU win games without scoring points. Once he can do that, he will be a really good player. If he never does that, he will probably never get major minutes.

I have high hopes for all of the guys on OU's team. I want nothing but success for them and I fully appreciate that all of them are outstanding basketball players (especially compared to me). As a result, I hope this does not come across as overly critical of any of the guys.

I agree with you. Not trying to bash the guy but he has looked lost especially on the defensive end.

He hasn't shown a desire to use them because he's not confident they can get the job done. I'm going to trust Capel on this. I don't see how anyone, based on what we've seen on the court, could possibly think Willis is ready to be a Big 12 contributor. Same with Fitz and Allen.
By depth he means quality depth. They just aren't ready or they'd be playing. Doesn't mean eventually they won't but they aren't today.

Big O's problem is between his ears, not conditioning, trust me. I am hoping that he has got himself on the right track by all accounts with his personal life and hopefully that translates to great play on the court.

Back