Good job on Diaz and Standhardinger, Doc.

thebigabd

Reaction score
Two promising young post players for Doc Sadler. Diaz has been pretty good for a freshman all year, and you can tell Standhardinger is gonna be a really good player for them.

Of course, he had to go to Germany and Puerto Rico to get them, but still, nice job recruiting.

If they stay at NU (dont pull a Staiger and go play pro ball back home), Nebraska is set at the 4 and 5 spots for the next 4 years.

The better question is...will Doc be their only college coach?

Probably not.

two promising young post players for doc sadler. Diaz has been pretty good for a freshman all year, and you can tell standhardinger is gonna be a really good player for them.

Of course, he had to go to germany and puerto rico to get them, but still, nice job recruiting.

If they stay at nu (dont pull a staiger and go play pro ball back home), nebraska is set at the 4 and 5 spots for the next 4 years.

lol!!!!

We made those guys look like all-stars. I about lost my cookies when Standhardinger got that put back dunk.

Diaz: 10 points, 7 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal
Standhardinger: 8 points, 5 rebounds, 1 steal

Gallon: 6 points, 6 rebounds, 1 steal
Fitz: 4 points, 3 rebounds, 1 steal

Their freshman tandem looked better than OU's. Standhardinger is going to be a really good player for them, IMO. Diaz will be pretty solid as well.

Standhardinger's 3-9 performance from the field was dominant!

Lol, it was his 5th college game.

He has had high's and low's through his first 6 college games, but he played well against A&M, Missouri, OU, and played alright against Kansas.

At least he was being aggressive. The fact he had the same number of shots as all the Forwards and Centers on OU's roster speaks volumes to the outcome of that game. I was impressed with Standhardinger the game I saw him against KU. He's going to be a player.

Diaz: 10 points, 7 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal
Standhardinger: 8 points, 5 rebounds, 1 steal

Gallon: 6 points, 6 rebounds, 1 steal
Fitz: 4 points, 3 rebounds, 1 steal

Their freshman tandem looked better than OU's. Standhardinger is going to be a really good player for them, IMO. Diaz will be pretty solid as well.

Tairu, Diaz, Standhardinger, would be a good nucleus for a 9th place big12 team.

If we win one more conference game we'll most likely win more than those guys this year.

Oops, meant Colorado. He had 14 points and 5 rebounds in that one.

So, you don't think Diaz and Standhardinger are good players? Tairu, Diaz, and Standhardinger all beat OU, so what does that make us?

When you say us are you talking about OU, CU, NU,or Tech? If you think NU is better than than OU than that's very funny and very revealing. Like another poster said, NU's only other chance for another win would be against us in the 8-12 game in the tournament. I like Standhardinger. He can be a decent role player. Tairu is ok. Diaz sucks. But you always come and paint these guys that you personally like as some great forces. And when they beat OU you alway try and make some warped point about how their guys are better than ours. Now when OU goes to Colorado and gets beat, whoever has a big game for Clororado, you'll come and make the same point. If it's Harris-Turks, you'll talk about what type of potential he has. If it's Burks, you'll rave about him. You don't have to do that to take shots at OU players on an OU message board. Unfortunately, we take more shots and dish out more criticism ourselves. So in a nutshell, you don't have to do it every time OU loses to a program who's recruiting class you have raved about in the past.

BTW, if you're going to make these comparison, please add something about the players game besides their stat line.

Stanhardinger is a hard last name to say smoothly.

When you say us are you talking about OU, CU, NU,or Tech? If you think NU is better than than OU than that's very funny and very revealing. Like another poster said, NU's only other chance for another win would be against us in the 8-12 game in the tournament. I like Standhardinger. He can be a decent role player. Tairu is ok. Diaz sucks. But you always come and paint these guys that you personally like as some great forces. And when they beat OU you alway try and make some warped point about how their guys are better than ours. Now when OU goes to Colorado and gets beat, whoever has a big game for Clororado, you'll come and make the same point. If it's Harris-Turks, you'll talk about what type of potential he has. If it's Burks, you'll rave about him. You don't have to do that to take shots at OU players on an OU message board. Unfortunately, we take more shots and dish out more criticism ourselves. So in a nutshell, you don't have to do it every time OU loses to a program who's recruiting class you have raved about in the past.

BTW, if you're going to make these comparison, please add something about the players game besides their stat line.

Lol, yea, I dont say good things about OU players. I said that TMG might be the best point guard to ever play at this school, I said Tiny Gallon is a double double machine and compared him to Al Jefferson, I said Cade Davis is a great role player who would average 15 a game at a mid-major. I always have good things to say about Tony Crocker, and have said WW is a tremendous talent. Come on man....

As for your player evals, I think Standhardinger will be more than a role player and Diaz doesnt suck, lol. Diaz has skill, is 6'11'', and is already a pretty good player. He would be starting for OU this year.

I never said they are "great forces", either.

I also think Standhardinger and Diaz will combine to form a pretty darn good front court in time (especially by Nebraska's standards).

Solid players with a bright future. Their team beat us badly, and Diaz/Standhardinger hard work on the boards was a big reason why.

Diaz sucks.
-DM

Looked pretty good against KU. 20 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 blocks.

Cole Aldrich had 8 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 blocks.

Looked pretty good against KU. 20 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 blocks.

Cole Aldrich had 8 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 blocks.

you come in here after the biggest Sooner win all year to brag about some stiff from Nebraska?

Will you come back in here and brag about him when he has a 4pt 4rb game. I doubt it. Same way you bragged about Tairu when he had an ofer after tech beat us.

Same way you bragged about Tairu when he had an ofer after tech beat us.

Huh? Tairu had 18 points and 5 rebounds against OU.

you come in here after the biggest Sooner win all year to brag about some stiff from Nebraska?

I have made 2-3 posts about OU since I sat down at the computer, lol.

Back