got to develop post depth

pnkranger

Reaction score
This was a very good win and gives us some confidence moving into the stretch run of the non-conference schedule, but we've got to start developing some post depth. Allen's got to get in the game or Fitz has to step up or ryan wright needs to wipe the stick-um off his shoes.

Tiny can't do it all alone all season. He's getting gassed and needs some back-up. big dudes...we go far if you step up. otherwise, we'll run out of gas eventually, along with Tiny.

If we go with the 4 guards then we may not need post depth.

Tiny's still got to rest sometimes. He'll get into foul trouble others. we need someone who can do a good job night in and night out.

If we rest Tiny with just a few minutes of Ryan Wright, then a few minutes of Fitzgerald once in a while then we'll be fine. I agree we would be better off right now if Patillo is back. Tonight Tiny played 25 minutes, that's the least amount of our 5 starters. Ryan Wright had 7 points 2 boards in 15 minutes. That's not that bad. Rebound numbers could be a little better.

Makes you wonder also what could have been if Orton had decided to come to OU instead of sitting on the bench at Kentucky. He could have been exactly what the doctor ordered.

i agree, because we also have to be prepared in the event someone get injured ala bookout

2274438.jpeg
:( :( :(

i agree, because we also have to be prepared in the event someone get injured ala bookout

you can't develop Fitz (and let's be clear, he's our depth issue) in close games. We've lost 3 already and we can't afford to lose many more. In blowouts, Jeff has implemented fitz well. Jeff has also through some motivation Fitz, Ryan, and O's way through the media by saying that he doesn't see many more minutes outside of the ones he has given.

I think we can be a round of 32 team as is if we keep improving. we're going to need one of the other bigs to step up in a couple of games if we want to get the kind of draw you need to go beyond that. They have got to rebound and play D. It's that simple.

I am down with playing 3 Guards in College Basketball, but 4 Guards is a bit scarey to me. Just think if the outside shots are not falling and we do not have any inside rebounding it is going to make for long days/nights/games/season??? This team could really use the help of Power Forward or a Small Forward to help with rebounding. I have read the Tony Crocker love feast (you got to give him love), but I do not think he is the long term answer. We will encounter teams with much more length then we have seen lately and then the concern may/will become a nightmare? Please - I like this team just wish we had that piece of the puzzle. SOONERS BABY!

Remember that Nova went to the elite 8 with a similar type of lineup just a couple of years ago

Crocker is not a guard he is a forward and Cade is swingman IMO.

Remember that Nova went to the elite 8 with a similar type of lineup just a couple of years ago

They had 3 or 4 really good guards and 2 of those were point guard type players if I remember right. I can see some similarities here but we probably don't have the offense those guys had and we probably have a little more length with our guards.

you can't develop Fitz (and let's be clear, he's our depth issue) in close games. We've lost 3 already and we can't afford to lose many more. In blowouts, Jeff has implemented fitz well. Jeff has also through some motivation Fitz, Ryan, and O's way through the media by saying that he doesn't see many more minutes outside of the ones he has given.

I thought Ryan Wright had a nice game last night. He rebounded, played defense and scored a few points. He is not a great scorer but your post depth does not have to score a lot of points. They have to defend and rebound.

Yeah if Wright can play like that all season then he will be a really nice asset for our team. To be honest, I am not as worried about our post depth as others. I think it is fin. Gallon will be playing more minutes by conference time, RW has been fine, we have been really successful at going small. Anything from Fitz or Big O is just icing. In the end will, will win or lose as far as our back court can take us.

Wright made the most of his time and played great 7 points in 15 minutes kid was strong.

Wright did well. Caught a couple of really tough passes and finished. He's not going to be a post up guy, but if he catches and finishes, WW and TMG will find him some buckets. Fitz's time will come.

Back