Great quote from Willie

Shooterms

Reaction score
This is the kind of thing I like to hear from him. We all know that he is an awesome talent, but this kind of quote shows his leadership and debunks the notion that he is selfish.

“I just think when teams go on their runs, getting fouled and getting to the free throw line is a way to get your team huddled up, talk to them, and get their breaks if they’re tired. That was the main thing. They were going on their run, so I really wanted to get to the rack and try to get fouls so we can talk and pull together.”

Every game so far, I've had the feeling that Willie could take it to the rack and score at will if he wanted. I think it's telling that in the game against MSM he instead looked to get the young guys involved. IMO that shows a level of maturity and leadership we're going to need out of him this season. In the first half of the game last night it looked like he was trying to continue this trend, which isn't a bad thing at all, but with the D ULM was running it led to a couple of TO's. As the game went along you could see that WW realized in this game he needed to lead on the scoreboard and did. Good job Willie, it's going to be fun watching this team this year.

Every game so far, I've had the feeling that Willie could take it to the rack and score at will if he wanted. I think it's telling that in the game against MSM he instead looked to get the young guys involved. IMO that shows a level of maturity and leadership we're going to need out of him this season. In the first half of the game last night it looked like he was trying to continue this trend, which isn't a bad thing at all, but with the D ULM was running it led to a couple of TO's. As the game went along you could see that WW realized in this game he needed to lead on the scoreboard and did. Good job Willie, it's going to be fun watching this team this year.

Nice post, I agree

I thought I seen a quote from Willie on ESPN, where he said ''when you don't practise well you don't play''. I think Willie is turning into a great leader and would trade anything to have him for two more years. I think we could win it all next year with WWIII.

Back