Hale update on Terrence Ross

Sooner23

Reaction score
Ross had a lot of nice things to say about Capel and playing with TMG and Tiny. Said Capel told him if he came in and worked hard he could start. Also talked about Kansas, Kentucky, Oregon and Washington. Nothing on playing with Terrence Jones or when he would visit or make a decision.

Here's the link. It's a pay article and there's a lot more stuff on him talking about his game etc.........

http://ouinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148472

Last edited:
Ross had a lot of nice things to say about Capel and playing with TMG and Tiny. Said Capel told him if he came in and worked hard he could start. Also talked about Kansas, Kentucky, Oregon and Washington. Nothing on playing with Terrence Jones or when he would visit or make a decision.

Here's the link. It's a pay article and there's a lot more stuff on him talking about his game etc.........

http://ouinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148472

Thats def good news! If capel thinks he can start does that mean he is more talented than Clark? I find that hard to believe cause Clark looks unbelievably talented...unless Capel plans on bringing Cade off the bench and giving both clark and ross a chance to start alongside tmg

When you go 13-18, everyone's minutes are up for grabs.

Thats def good news! If capel thinks he can start does that mean he is more talented than Clark? I find that hard to believe cause Clark looks unbelievably talented...unless Capel plans on bringing Cade off the bench and giving both clark and ross a chance to start alongside tmg

I think Ross could start at the 2 along with Cade Davis at the 3.

Clark is a 3, IMO, but could also swing down to the 4 like Tony did. I guess Clark could start at the 3 with Davis at the 2, but I really don't want to see Cade guarding the other teams' shooting guard.

I think Clark is a slightly taller, longer, more athletic version of Tony so I could see him playing that role if we don't land an impact 4 and needed him to. Just a guess though.

Clark is a 3, IMO, but could also swing down to the 4 like Tony did. I guess Clark could start at the 3 with Davis at the 2, but I really don't want to see Cade guarding the other teams' shooting guard.

I think Clark is a slightly taller, longer, more athletic version of Tony so I could see him playing that role if we don't land an impact 4 and needed him to. Just a guess though.

We have a chance, a small one but a chance, if we land ross jones and ndaiye to have a top 10 class...if we get those three along with our other recruits we will have tons of talent next year...Capel should have no more excuses for not having depth

Clark is going to have to bulk up a bit to play the 4 in the Big XII...realistically, he wouldn't be able to play that position until probably his sophomore year.

How is Ross at possible 2 and not clark? Ross is 6'6 180 and clark is 6'6 184...I am assuming you think ross handles the ball better? From what I have seen of clark he can play the 1-3...but I have not seen him in person

Clark is going to have to bulk up a bit to play the 4 in the Big XII...realistically, he wouldn't be able to play that position until probably his sophomore year.

Yeah, you're probably right. For some reason I was thinking he was in the 6-7 210 range but checking the various sites he's not that big. ESPN has him at 6-7 200 but the others are in the 6-6 180 range.

How is Ross at possible 2 and not clark? Ross is 6'6 180 and clark is 6'6 184...I am assuming you think ross handles the ball better? From what I have seen of clark he can play the 1-3...but I have not seen him in person

I've just never pictured Clark as a 2, but I've only seen video highlights so I could be wrong.

One other note about Ross' update on OUInsider, he mentioned Oregon and said that they were going to hire a coach that will let him shoot a lot of three's.

I thought that was pretty interesting because they haven't hired a coach yet. Maybe the AD or an assistant will be retained, and they know who they're going to hire and are feeding him info. Whatever is going on they definitely have his ear.

Last edited:
Yeah, you're probably right. For some reason I was thinking he was in the 6-7 210 range but checking the various sites he's not that big. ESPN has him at 6-7 200 but the others are in the 6-6 180 range.

I've just never pictured Clark as a 2, but I've only seen video highlights so I could be wrong.

One other note about Ross' update on OUInsider, he mentioned Oregon and said that they were going to hire a coach that will let him shoot a lot of three's.

I thought that was pretty interesting because they haven't hired a coach yet. Maybe the AD or an assistant will be retained, and they know who they're going to hire and are feeding him info. Whatever is going on they definitely have his ear.

Ross doesn't have a clue who they're going to hire.

I thought i read ross was a 4

You're probably thinking of Terrence Jones. He's the 6-9 kid, Terrence Ross is a 6-5 wing type. Here's some video of him...........

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTqpwXliYgk&feature=PlayList&p=1E7393D7ED52B95C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=54[/ame]

Ross doesn't have a clue who they're going to hire.

Probably not, but whoever is talking to him from Oregon is telling him they're going to hire a coach who lets the shooters shoot lots of three's, and he's listened to that enough to mention it specifically to Hale. Just thought that was interesting.

Probably not, but whoever is talking to him from Oregon is telling him they're going to hire a coach who lets the shooters shoot lots of three's, and he's listened to that enough to mention it specifically to Hale. Just thought that was interesting.

Surprised that is what Oregon wants...that is exactly how Kent's teams played and all it got them was a bunch of mediocre seasons after Ridnour and Jackson left.

If Cam can put on 10-15 pounds he'll have a pretty similar build to guys like Wes Johnson and Evan Turner(not making any comparisons); so, he'd easily be able to switch between the 2 and the 3 spot.

I would absolutely wet myself if we could close with Jones, Ross, Ndiaye, and if we have the room...Either West or Carter

If Cam can put on 10-15 pounds he'll have a pretty similar build to guys like Wes Johnson and Evan Turner(not making any comparisons); so, he'd easily be able to switch between the 2 and the 3 spot.

If Ross were to come to OU, he would split minutes with Cam on the first year. He'd also split with Pledger. Wes and Evan are all around basketball. When thinking of Cam, think of a Desmond Mason, but with a mid range and long range game.

Back