Harrison Barnes has cut his list down to 6

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
And the Sooners made the cut! He says per scout he will visit OU sometime in the fall. Keep up the great work on the recruiting trail, Capel! :clap

His final 6 are:

OU
Duke
KU
UNC
ISU
UCLA

Holy carp would that be a supreme get for Capel. Though if you were to ask me who would be more shocked, Sooner fans or the rest of the world, I'd have to say the rest of the world. Sooner fans should be coming to accept that as long as Capel is here, OU will be in on some elite players.

While this is a long shot and would have absolutely zero chance of happening in the past you can't count us out.

If Willie makes a run at national POY and Tiny and TMG play as well as Blake and Willie did as freshman we could get on a recruiting roll like Florida was on for a while.

It's funny that most of us on this board have set the bar only so high. We have talked mostly about Cameron Clark, Cobbins or Jones as the possible headliners for this class.

Meanwhile, it seems like Jeff Capel has not given up on Harrison Barnes or Tobias Harris, two guys that are at the very top. It would be incredible if Capel got one of them because then our headliner recruits in the past 4 years would look like this....

Rivals.com rankings
#23 - Blake Griffin (2007)
#10 - Willie Warren (2008)
#9 - Tiny Gallon (2009)
#5 - Tobias Harris (2010) OR
#2 - Harrison Barnes (2010)

Talk about setting the bar high and then surpassing it! WOW!

John Wall made an unofficial to OU last year, but I don't know when the last time the clear cut Number one ranked player made an official visit to OU.

I love that Capel is going after guys like these, and that he is recruiting with the big dogs! You have to have that kind of mantality in order to go places, and Capel is certainly taking OU places!

I'm not with this one. He's a smart cookie.

So Perry Jones, Phil Pressey, Quincy Miller, Rakeem Christmas, LeBryan Nash, Ky Madden, Johnny O'Bryant and LaQuinton Ross are all idiots? Please tell KU and OU not to recruit any of those players. I would hate for either school to be associated with players that show a clear lack of intelligence by having Baylor on their short list.

So Perry Jones, Phil Pressey, Quincy Miller, Rakeem Christmas, LeBryan Nash, Ky Madden, Johnny O'Bryant and LaQuinton Ross are all idiots? Please tell KU and OU not to recruit any of those players. I would hate for either school to be associated with players that show a clear lack of intelligence by having Baylor on their short list.

Baylor sucks.

Substantive... I'm trying to figure out why there is even mention of Baylor on a Harrison Barnes thread on an OU board.

I can give you a hint. He has posted several times in this thread....just clownin you, dfdub.

Your mission of spreading Baylor and Drew to mbs is in full swing.

BOT, Get him, Capel!

Substantive... I'm trying to figure out why there is even mention of Baylor on a Harrison Barnes thread on an OU board.

My guess someone was fishing. And they landed the fish hook, line and sinker.

Back