Hey NickZepp, step into my office...

suncoastsooner

Reaction score
because you're effin' fired! Don't worry about your paycheck, we'll mail it to you...

I agree WW isn't a jump shooter he's best when he takes it to the basket.

He sets up his shot with his ability to go inside and make shots. He's not a pure jump shooter. He has a lot of games where he's terrible from 3. But he needs to keep putting up 2 point shots and making those he's much more deadly from inside of 3.

He's also had a lot of games where he's 0-7 from 3 like tonight but he needs to shoot inside of 3 a lot more because he almost never misses those.

The unfortunate thing for you is that stats are verifiable... and that you hit the submit button after saying some of the most moronic things on the internet.

WWIII's worst shooting performance, before tonight, in a Sooner uniform was an 0-6 effort in his first game donning the Crimson and Cream against American to open last season. His worst efforts other than that were three 0-4 performances against Mississippi Valley (his second game in a Sooner uniform), vs. Texas, and vs. Colorado. Outside of that WWIII has never shot below 25% from behind the arc as a Sooner. That's one game he was "terrible" from behind the arc, three that were sub par... and absolutely none where he ever went 0-7 or worse from long distance. He had a couple of games where he went 1-4 from three point land, those games happen for any shooter. He also had such performnaces as he did against Davidson (3-5), UAB (4-9), Rice (4-9), Arkansas (7-11), Nebraska (2-3), Iowa State (5-8), at Texas (6-10), and Kansas (4-6).

The next time you want to make absurd statements and toss around stats as though they were factual make sure they actually are factual and that you have a clue because posters like myself who take this sort of thing some what seriously are likely to call you out on them when you're full of cow patties.

In the Words of Jim Rome... "Have a take and don't suck." You have failed at both this evening.

He is 1-15 from 3 on this season. But I'm not even pissed that he shot 8 3s. He needs to take it to the basket more and take over games, that's what his game is about more than shooting 3s. He is much better shooting inside the 3 than outside. He'll have his games where he makes a lot of 3s but he can't play like he did tonight at all against any good team we play or we will lose. I don't care if you don't like me or my opinions. Willie played terrible tonight and anyone that says he played good is a complete idiot.

This post seems to have been a giant waste of time. Any person on this board could have told you to take certain posters with a grain of salt. Just nod and smile and go on with your day.

Also, that Jim Rome reference... lame.

Willie did not play well Nick but your original statement of him not being a jump shooter is still laughable.
I agree WW isn't a jump shooter he's best when he takes it to the basket.

He is 1-15 from 3 on this season. But I'm not even pissed that he shot 8 3s. He needs to take it to the basket more and take over games, that's what his game is about more than shooting 3s. He is much better shooting inside the 3 than outside. He'll have his games where he makes a lot of 3s but he can't play like he did tonight at all against any good team we play or we will lose. I don't care if you don't like me or my opinions. Willie played terrible tonight and anyone that says he played good is a complete idiot.

All anyone has to do is go back and look at box scores to see you just say some stupid crap.

The man has been told he has to carry this team all off-season and is forcing it a bit too much. He needs to calm down and get back into his game and his game has always been both outside and inside. His ability to fill it up from deep is exactly what creates his opportunities to penetrate by forcing defenders to play tight and not sag off him into the lane waiting for him to drive, not the other way around.

Not only that but Willie did attempt to take it inside on several occasions and VCU collapsed on him almost every time. Normally he will at least draw a lot of fouls or hit a few layups. Tonight he kept getting himself in the middle of the lane and then turned it over or had to pass it back outside.

I won't put it all on Willie, only Tony and Tiny really did much to help him. If we hit a normal percentage from the outside things would most likely have opened up inside for Willie.

Willie did not play well Nick but your original statement of him not being a jump shooter is still laughable.

A lot of his 3's are him going on a fast break and having a wide open look or people playing off of him because of his penetration ability he makes a lot of 3s because he plays his game well. He didn't play his game at all tonight.

A lot of his 3's are him going on a fast break and having a wide open look or people playing off of him because of his penetration ability he makes a lot of 3s because he plays his game well. He didn't play his game at all tonight.

The penetration won't be there unless he makes them come out an defend the 3's. They never had to respect his 3 point shot tonight. He started out slow in the 3 point shot department last year. He'll come around.

Back