Homer calls

Darwin

Reaction score
There were quite a few homer calls if we were in Austin but LNC, its a bad dream. You can flame away for me b!tc&ing but I can live with the average game road calls but no one should have this at home. This was the worst since u.t. was here 2 or 3 yrs ago.

Did it get mentioned on TV?

There were a few times when the announcer said "that's just a bad call". Especially when Wright picked up his fifth (and that wasn't even the worst one IMO). Cade's phanotm foul for his 4th was really bad.

I didn't think it was too bad on TV. Cade Davis' 4th (or 3rd) was questionable and the commentators said so. I thought WW got fouled on his drive for the bucket. The call on Wright to foul him out was a tough call. With that said, if I were a UT fan I am sure I would see some calls that went OU's way.

I agree, we got no home cooking calls and I usually don't complain about refs, but it seemed like we were in Austin with some of the calls. Texas should have to face the same bias on the road as they, and other home teams, get at home.

That one ref's Just for Men hair dye was leaking into his eye sight and affecting his calls, ridiculous crap they were calling.

texas at LNC always draws horrible officiating for some reason

The first half was just bad. Inconsistent. UT hounds TMG, nothing. We bump James, go shoot some FT's kid. I didn't notice it as much in the 2nd half, but there were a few individual bad calls, against OU. Not like in the 1st half though. We also weren't as active in half number two. That always has an effect too.

We were in the bonus with ten minutes left in the second half...the officiating was fine. It was a good physical game, few calls were made which should have been let go, few were missed altogether.

Some of you have no clue.

We were in the bonus with ten minutes left in the second half...the officiating was fine. It was a good physical game, few calls were made which should have been let go, few were missed altogether.

Some of you have no clue.

When a Texas player hits another Texas player and the foul is called on an OU player, you tend to lose faith in the ability of the officials to see anything that's going on more than 2 feet away.

When a Texas player hits another Texas player and the foul is called on an OU player, you tend to lose faith in the ability of the officials to see anything that's going on more than 2 feet away.

Reread my post, some calls were missed, that was one which should have been let go.

Basically there are three calls people are complaining about in a 40 minute game...give me a break.

My gosh! I was there (as always). I have watched college basketball live for more than 30 years. That officiating crew today was absolutely pathetic. Clearly in the first half, the game was not called the same way at both ends.

Wonderful win by OU. The "crew" was the Texas sixth man for much of the game.

The officiating was horrid, especially in the first half! Just because OU was in the bonus early in the 2nd half doesn't mean it wasn't bad officiating. It wasn't just 3 calls, there were numerous no calls.

The officiating was horrid, especially in the first half! Just because OU was in the bonus early in the 2nd half doesn't mean it wasn't bad officiating. It wasn't just 3 calls, there were numerous no calls.

Horrid officiating was the second half of the OSU-Tech game many might have missed...this was far from "horrid". But what I have gathered from this board, every 3 out 4 games the officiating is "horrid" so I shouldn't be surprised of the outcry.

Horrid officiating was the second half of the OSU-Tech game many might have missed...this was far from "horrid". But what I have gathered from this board, every 3 out 4 games the officiating is "horrid" so I shouldn't be surprised of the outcry.

Sorry I was at the OU game honoring Wayman Tisdale and could care less about OSU or Tech. To each his own but todays officiating was clearly horrid and I've seen people complaining about who never do. From my seat I can see a lot better than I do on TV. Considering the fact Capel was on the refs all day he thought so too.

... every 3 out 4 games the officiating is "horrid" so I shouldn't be surprised of the outcry.

Sadly, this is not far from the truth. Clearly, many officials have to be overpaid incompetents in their "normal profession" and this carries over to their performance on the basketball court. Many officials must get there big-time officiating jobs through political connections. There can be no other possible explanation. There is obviously no "merit" involved in selecting these creeps.

There are a few officials I respect, but just a few. Those three today are not worth a warm bucket of spit.

We did get one homer call, but that was about it. Texas will get a lot more than one when we go to Austin. What homer call did we get? The one at the other end of the court right before Wright picked up that phantom fifth foul. Wright had the ball and was in the three second zone for about five or six seconds. I think the foul called on him was a make-up call for the officials not calling three seconds on the other end.

Back