Hopefully we don't have any refs like this guy!

In basketball do they send refs from the visiting teams conference like football (except the Pac Ten) or do they use a nutral crew?

In basketball do they send refs from the visiting teams conference like football (except the Pac Ten) or do they use a nutral crew?

Officials are hired regardless of conference or time zone. Pretty much goes to the highest bidder...wait until conference season. Wilmer and Valentine will be doing a game in Champaign one night and Lawrence the next.

With all do respect, everyone gives those guys a hard time, but they are some of the best in the business.

Yeah, the way I always understood it is that refs are sort of independent contractors.

If the Sooners are on the road in a hostile environment, we want officials that won't be intimidated by the crowd. Hightower would be better than most, but never in LNC.

I guess I'm one of the rare people that like Hightower. He's a great ref, he's just over the top. So when he does make a mistake, which all refs make, it is real obvious.

Back