How bad does OSU beat us on Monday?

Sooner Tyra

Reaction score
My guess by 25

I like that their style will match ours better than baylor's, but I predict we lay down after the first couple of treys by Anderson.

Thoughts? Predictions?

It would be very OSU-like to lose this game, and get OU back on track. :ford

My guess by 25

I like that their style will match ours better than baylor's, but I predict we lay down after the first couple of treys by Anderson.

Thoughts? Predictions?

I'm not convinced that OSU beats OU on Monday. I can't even remember a game in Norman where OU didn't give OSU 40 minutes of very intense basketball (especially on defense) - win or lose. And I've been watching for 20+ years. It will be interesting to see how the Sooners come out after OSU - after this game. That game will probably define the rest of the season for the Sooners.

Last edited:
I think they could beat us but it's a winnable game for us. We could easily get blown out by them also.

We can not put together 40 minutes of basketball!!!! we play decent for about 10 minutes of every game and then we go into a shooting slump and quit playing defense and eventually give up!

I honestly have no clue anymore! If they get fired up enough and if Tiny can stay out of foul trouble and if the real WW shows up and if we manage even a little defense we can win. Lot of ifs there though!

This is still the same OSU team that lost at Tulsa by 20. If there is a game on the schedule that OU should have a good chance of winning it is Bedlam at home. As bad as we've played lately I'll still be surprised if we don't win this one.

This is still the same OSU team that lost at Tulsa by 20. If there is a game on the schedule that OU should have a good chance of winning it is Bedlam at home. As bad as we've played lately I'll still be surprised if we don't win this one.

It's also the same team that just smoked #22 Tech. If OU wins it will be a nice coaching job by Capel. He has his work cut out for him.

At the beginning of the season, was really upset that I have class Monday night.

After watching the first 25 minutes of tonight's contest, I will be happily listening to a ACCT 6205 lecture.

We are 7-0 at home but this may be by far the best team we've played at home.

Big difference between home and away....especially in this conference.

we are gonna get throttled Monday. I think we'll put up a fight though.

I think we get smoked. Until this team can play for 40 minutes, they are not going to beat anyone of any consequence.

OU will win.

This is the classic set-up.... OSU comes off a big win at home and is feeling good about themselves.... OU comes off a bad loss on the road and is backed into a corner.

The crowd and "backed into a corner" factor will make OU's defense much better than normal.

OU will win.

This is the classic set-up.... OSU comes off a big win at home and is feeling good about themselves.... OU comes off a bad loss on the road and is backed into a corner.

The crowd and "backed into a corner" factor will make OU's defense much better than normal.

Everything you've said is true of teams that give full effort. This OU team has not. What happened to both teams on Saturday has no effect if OU plays with the same kind of effort they have been. The crowd has zero to do with the outcome of the game if OU plays with the same kind of effort they have been. OU will win this game if every guy gives 110% effort. OSUx will win if they don't. I'm a betting man so I go with the odds. The odds are OU won't play hard. It's hard to say that but I don't see how anyone could say anything different. I hope I'm wrong and OU wins big. It's time for the guys to man up. That's why they play the games.

Everything you've said is true of teams that give full effort. This OU team has not. What happened to both teams on Saturday has no effect if OU plays with the same kind of effort they have been. The crowd has zero to do with the outcome of the game if OU plays with the same kind of effort they have been. OU will win this game if every guy gives 110% effort. OSUx will win if they don't. I'm a betting man so I go with the odds. The odds are OU won't play hard. It's hard to say that but I don't see how anyone could say anything different. I hope I'm wrong and OU wins big. It's time for the guys to man up. That's why they play the games.

I know what you're saying, Cheno... I've just seen this setup too many times in the past to think it won't happen.

It's a rivalry game... it's Big Monday... it's off a bad loss... the OU team WILL show effort and OSU will be flat.

After the game, OU will probably go back to their norm of not playing hard, but that won't be the case on Monday night... count on it.

It's Bedlam....That generally means that a Sooner that has been averaging around 6 points hits 11 or 12 3 pointers...

Back