How well do you know Big XII coaches new and old?

I couldn't come up with 6. One of them was because I couldn't figure out how to spell it...:eek:

did this on ksu site. want to brag. i got 35/36 missing only the 1st bu coach.

yup. step off. :clap

I missed:

Harry Miller
Tom Asbury
Melvin Watkins (twice)

I'm kicking myself for not remembering Watkins at A&M, but I had no recollection of him being the head coach at Missouri. I'm assuming that was an interim deal?

did this on ksu site. want to brag. i got 35/36 missing only the 1st bu coach.

yup. step off. :clap

I missed this one too, and I can honestly say that even knowing the answer now, I have absolutely zero recollection that there was ever something called "Harry Miller" coaching at Baylor.

I missed Asbury, too. Nothing personal, triplefatty.

I only missed two, both Nebraska coaches; Nee and Collier. Although I did get stuck on spelling Bzdelik and Eustachy...

Pretty stunned you guys forgot asbury. He did deliver that crushing 66-51 blow vs Sampson/Najera in 1999.

That was a legendary win. :clap

I missed:

Harry Miller
Tom Asbury
Melvin Watkins (twice)

I'm kicking myself for not remembering Watkins at A&M, but I had no recollection of him being the head coach at Missouri. I'm assuming that was an interim deal?

Watkins coached the remainder of the season after Quin "resigned" following a loss to Baylor. He coached seven games with a record of 2-5. Not great, but better than he'd done with Texas A&M recently...

Looking at the schedule from that season pisses me off. I'd forgotten how bad Quin was. At one point we were 10-5 with wins over OSU, OU and ku... I'd rather suck completely than have a coach/team that every now and then gives a slight glimmer of hope... and that's what Quin's teams mostly were. There was enough talent there that every now and then you'd be convinced they were about to turn the corner, but it never happened.

That was a fun trip down memory lane! :)

I missed three...

I totally couldn't remember who was the Baylor coach before Dave Bliss... even after seeing the name (Harry Miller) I still didn't recognize it.

The other two I missed (kicking myself) were Jeff Bzdelik and Tom Asbury.

Back