I am now onboard with thebigabd

Going after MCDAA's and telling recruits they will be lotto picks like Blake isn't the problem either. Bill Self, Coach K, Calipari, Roy and on and on tell kids the same thing. I've been a huge Coach Capel supporter. Everyone knows that. But he appears to be in a bit over his head right now with this current group of players. I don't know if it's the players or the coaching staff and I'm not pointing fingers but it's obvious the group isn't mixing well.

When you deal with guys that run to facebook to post their statline, you can't brag about them on twitter to Fran Fraschilla. I like coach Capel, but now is when the BS has to stop. The team isn't trash. The players aren't bad guys. They just need maturity. He's also got to realize that when he's recruiting against a Kentucky or a UNC, he'll have to deal with a coach that is going to tell a parent that Capel is too inexperienced to deal with these young guys and he can't mature them. A "juco" guy that is really good is going to be recruited by these same coaches as well and hear this same negative recruiting.

I think if you look at this game, it's not as bad as we make it seem. The team hasn't came out of the gates very well like they did against Utep and VCU. Their were more positive things in this game than others.

If you get the right guys, bringing in older players can help you get better faster. I would be thrilled if Capel signed 3 good junior college players, because he would be adding 3 20-21 year old guys instead of 3 17-18 year old guys.

OU already has "primary" players for next year.... This team needs older secondary players.. A post that can average 8/9 points, 6/7 rebounds, and block some shots... a small forward that can play defense and hit 3's or score a little bit, and a point guard who can come in and play defense, hit some shots, and play 15 minutes per game at point. A second post player would be good. Part of me wishes Capel could have signed JP Olukemi AND Cameron Clark, but I think Olukemi wanted to know he was going to start, which he will at OSU.

I was watching St. Johns play at Georgetown for a little bit last night, and they looked like a pretty solid team on the road against G-Town. I know they signed some juco guys last year, and I know that has helped them get a little better this year. That Hardy kid for them had 14 and the juco post had 10 points and 8 rebounds. OU needs two or three guys like that. They dont need stars, but some good solid players who can play defense, contribute scoring, and make you better right away.

I totally agree regarding older "secondary" players. It would be different if Fitz and Pledger showed promise as defensive guys, but they are offensive role players. Orlando is not going to help us much next year. Neither will Hardrick.

We need stop-gap defensive players and I too would rather have 2-3 20 year olds that have the physical maturity and that have played in meaningful basketball games (not AAU).

I do think that both Cam and TJ will be good defensive players, but don't want to depend on two more freshmen to carry that kind of burden next season.

He's also got to realize that when he's recruiting against a Kentucky or a UNC, he'll have to deal with a coach that is going to tell a parent that Capel is too inexperienced to deal with these young guys and he can't mature them. A "juco" guy that is really good is going to be recruited by these same coaches as well and hear this same negative recruiting.

This. I think recruiting may be impacted big-time by this lousy season because of what you said above. And the scary thing is...it may be right. Only time will tell now.

We probably need to get off this debate because it's really stupid now. We've seen first hand that the problems of selfishness is not exclusive to one genre of player. We've brought in a lazy juco in Cannon who didn't want to buy in and was a cancer to the team, we brought in a talented guy in Clark who didn't want to stay eligible, even when you're afforded the best tutors in the university. We brought in a guy in Maze who didn't want to go to class, went to a juco, puts up amazing stats and goes to Tennessee where he has been undewelming. We bring in a guy like Juan Patillo who wants to redshirt to raise his stock, but doesn't want to go to class. We bring in Allen who redshirted at his Juco so he could play more years at OU, but is two years into the program and still in poor shape. We bring in Neysmith who's who doesn't want to put in the work to earn pt. We bring in Leary, who wasn't very good, but was a team player. However,would he be that same guy without Blake Griffins and Taylor. probably. We bring in Chris Early who commits a crime on his first month. So the problems isn't exclusive, it's systematic.

We probably need to get off this debate because it's really stupid now. We've seen first hand that the problems of selfishness is not exclusive to one genre of player. We've brought in a lazy juco in Cannon who didn't want to buy in and was a cancer to the team, we brought in a talented guy in Clark who didn't want to stay eligible, even when you're afforded the best tutors in the university. We brought in a guy in Maze who didn't want to go to class, went to a juco, puts up amazing stats and goes to Tennessee where he has been undewelming. We bring in a guy like Juan Patillo who wants to redshirt to raise his stock, but doesn't want to go to class. We bring in Allen who redshirted at his Juco so he could play more years at OU, but is two years into the program and still in poor shape. We bring in Neysmith who's who doesn't want to put in the work to earn pt. We bring in Leary, who wasn't very good, but was a team player. However,would he be that same guy without Blake Griffins and Taylor. probably. We bring in Chris Early who commits a crime on his first month. So the problems isn't exclusive, it's systematic.

Some of it is systematic. I don't think anyone would disagree with you on that. That is not the point that I am trying to make though. I think this team has the talent and offensive weapons to be good next season. I really do. I like our young guys.

BUT, if we don't bring in some help (especially a defensive/rebounding big) that will be ready to help NEXT YEAR, then we may not see much improvement. JUCOs are the way to go imo.

It's a young team that does not yet know how to handle adversity. They just need some good things to go thier way. One of these days things are going to all fall in place against someone and they are going to enjoy some success. Just hope mit doesn't happen a week from Monday.

Some of it is systematic. I don't think anyone would disagree with you on that. That is not the point that I am trying to make though. I think this team has the talent and offensive weapons to be good next season. I really do. I like our young guys.

BUT, if we don't bring in some help (especially a defensive/rebounding big) that will be ready to help NEXT YEAR, then we may not see much improvement. JUCOs are the way to go imo.

BT, these guys are talented. That is the root to my frustration. Capel's first year, I was estatic about that season. The coaching job he did then, the adjustments he made then with that bunch, made me think we had the next bobby knight. In hindsight, those guys were more coachable and looking to be a part of something. These guys we have now are looking to be a part of something and it's the NBA. The thing that we lack from a roster standpoint is athleticism, above the rim rebounding, and shot blocking. There is not that guy out there at the eleveth hour. We all know Ratliff is plenty talented enough. He could come into ou and maybe dominate. I saw a youtube interview clip of him and he gave me the impression that he's much of the same as we have attitude wise. The African nationals that we're looking are good options, but they'll have the same growing pains. But regardless who we get, we're going to need to have that person be a guy that's not afraid to sacrifice himself as a player and not a guy who's skilled and can produce, like patillo, but can't see past the gleeming lights of the future that he wants to have. And if you want to be brutally honest about it, why did WW come back? Not to win, but to improve his draft stock. Unfortunately, he doesn't understand that you have to show you're a winner to improve your stock.

Basically, I don't care where we get a guy from as long as he's willing to buy in and is able to contribute. To say that guy is exclusively a juco player or exclusively a prep player is an argument that we should be learning the lesson on this year, because we have Juco players and prep players who aren't buying in or contributing.

The only complaint about Capel's first year was not playing Nate Carter the first half of the season. That was flat out stupid.

Workin hard on my game... Will be in tha league pretty soon... Gots lots of work ta do before i get there though!!!

This is a a quote from the top Juco player. Sounds like the same type of quote that Gallon and WW have had before.

Some of you cats type way to much in making your points. Thanks you for all the font. Font is truly appreciated. All of this overanalyzing makes me dizzy. Basketball is a game of chemistry, timing and continuity.

The fix is pretty simple, if the players and coaches stay on the same page and play together, we'll improve and win some BIG 12 games. If we have players that are flipping the pages to fast, or not fast enough, we will continue to result in a disjointed effort. Let's get together and play basketball.

Some of you cats type way to much in making your points. Thanks you for all the font. Font is truly appreciated. All of this overanalyzing makes me dizzy. Basketball is a game of chemistry, timing and continuity.

The fix is pretty simple, if the players and coaches stay on the same page and play together, we'll improve and win some BIG 12 games. If we have players that are flipping the pages to fast, or not fast enough, we will continue to result in a disjointed effort. Let's get together and play basketball.

Good post.
More players on different pages of the playbook will solve nothing.

The problem with this team is that they have no toughness and leadership from upper classmen. They have no examples. Last year, they had Taylor Griffen and AJ with a very mature Blake Griffen. Everybody expected that Willie would pick up the slack but they forget he is just a soph.

They need a little Kelvin toughness on the defensive side of the ball. Never thought I would say that.

Back