I didn't know we were in on Big Baby Davis?

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Check out this old rivals article:

Glen Davis, a 6-foot-8, 345-pound power forward/center from University Lab High School in Baton Rouge, La., is becoming better known as Glen “Big Baby” Davis.

Rivals.com ranks Davis No. 6 on the Rivals150 list and the third best player at his position. Big Baby is also one of the best football players in the class of 2004, but has decided that basketball is the sport he will play when he selects the college of his choice.

Davis recently trimmed his list of schools and the Oklahoma Sooners were one of eight schools that made the cut.

“LSU, Miami, Georgia, Seton Hall, Oklahoma, Mississippi State, North Carolina and Indiana are the schools at the top of my list,” Davis said.

“I plan on taking all five official visits in the fall, but it’s too early to tell what schools I will visit. Academics will be the biggest factor in my decision and I haven’t gathered enough information about each schools’ academic standings, so no visits have been planned yet.”

It is believed that Davis will have a hard time leaving his hometown Tigers, but it appears that he is giving each school a serious look.

One of those schools happens to be Oklahoma.

While he has not built a strong relationship with the Sooner staff, Davis is getting a better feel for them.

“Oklahoma is a great program and they have a great group of coaches,” Davis said.

“One thing that I really like about Oklahoma is their style of play, as I feel that it fits my style. It is really too early to tell if I will officially visit Oklahoma, but I would love to visit them.

“I don’t know the OU coaching staff like I know some of the other staffs, but we’re becoming more familiar with each other. Like I said earlier, academics will play a big part in my decision and, at this time, I don’t know a lot about the academic situation at Oklahoma.”

Getting Big Baby in for an official visit will be a good indicator in terms of how interested in really is in Oklahoma.

If he uses one of his five visits on the Sooners, OU automatically becomes a real player in his recruitment.

To pull a Louisana kid away from LSU in any sport is Huge. LSU is thought of as the Yankees in Louisiana.

Back