"I love Cade Davis"

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
- Tiny Gallon during his postgame interview.

Who doesn't? The kid plays with tremendous heart. I am so glad that we have him back next season. He stepped it up today on both ends, and it helped spark his teammates.

18 points, 4 steals, 4 deflections, and some much needed fire.

Thanks for your hustle, Cade! :clap

He was awesome today. I didnt get to see the start of teh game Big, did Cade start?

He played really well today. He did all the big things right.

Cade had a great game. It's obvious he worked hard in the off season to improve his defense. I'm so glad he chose to be a Sooner!

I love the passion that Cade plays with. Cade and Tony are going to have to take over the leadership of this team. I'm not counting Willie out, but we have to remember he is just a sophomore. Hopefully the young guys will watch these two, so that we can get on with the season. As horrible as this trip was. I really think our team will respond to this wake-up call. GO SOONERS! BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I wonder how many times I will have to defend Cade in the next two years. It seems like every time he has a mediocre game from the field, people start trying to limit his minutes drastically. News flash folks, Cade Davis is a uality player.

At this point CD should be getting as many minutes as anyone else on the floor.

Cade's one of my favorite players...plus we have a lot in common in that we both get all the chicks. He could be my wing man.

One thing about Cade is, it doesn't matter if he starts and plays 30 minutes or comes off the bench for 7 minutes, you are still going to get 100% effort every minute he is on the court.

I'm glad he has been starting though because he sets the tone for the game. I dont like it when he doesnt come in until 8 minutes in and we have already dug ourselves a hole by not playing hard.

This is the line-up I have pulling for: Cade, Pledge, Willie, Tiny and Drew to start.

It makes the best use of our strengths. Drew and Tiny work like twins underneath and they both have good hands. If Cade and Pledge stay wide they'll be open all night because their individual defenders will creep to keep Willie from driving the middle. Plus, like I said in an earlier post, Willie has the best oaktrees in the world setting picks in Drew and Tiny. If he uses Drew and Tiny correctly, he'll have his defenders on crutches by the second half.

This is the best rebounding and best 3-point line-up we can put on the floor. Crock may end up with more minutes because he can spell both Cade and Pledge. Tommie spells Willie and Willie doesn't have to carry the game.

Cade is developing naturally as you expect a Junior player to develop. He's been in OU's system two years prior to this so there is no learning curve for him. In contrast, you look at a guy like Allen who has been behind the 8ball since being at OU by playing behind griffin and being recruited over. That's one reason I'm pro high school prospects, because there is time to adjust to the college game, whereas Junior College basketball you might be playing against less talented teams than in High School.

Cade is developing naturally as you expect a Junior player to develop. He's been in OU's system two years prior to this so there is no learning curve for him. In contrast, you look at a guy like Allen who has been behind the 8ball since being at OU by playing behind griffin and being recruited over. That's one reason I'm pro high school prospects, because there is time to adjust to the college game, whereas Junior College basketball you might be playing against less talented teams than in High School.

good insight

One thing about Cade is, it doesn't matter if he starts and plays 30 minutes or comes off the bench for 7 minutes, you are still going to get 100% effort every minute he is on the court.

Well said. And with this team that is nothing to dismiss. I'd start Cade for awhile.

Well said. And with this team that is nothing to dismiss. I'd start Cade for awhile.

I really like the lineup that has Cade, Pledger, WW, Crocker, and Gallon. The only problem is when you have that lineup, you're putting your best perimeter defender in Crocker in the post. However, I think that's OU's best lineup for winning right now.

Back