I still expect to see you guys playing well in March!

jordoo

Reaction score
I'm not here to bash. I watched your guys loss the other night and although there is alot of work to be done the parts are in place. I wasn't able to bend all of my attention to the game but here's what I did notice

Gallon just needs to adjust to D1 and not try to do so much. He's going to be very good very soon.

Warren looked to have a horrible shooting night that effected the rest of his game. Wow he can really get where ever he wants to on the court though. I'm sure your coach will straighten him out as far as how a leader should be acting out there when things aren't going well. He can't afford to show that mentality if he's going to be the main guy.

Crocker looked very good. He showed more of an all around game than I've seen out of him before. I also like the "arm sleeves" better than the long sleeve shirt.

The little freshman guard (forget his name) should be the main pg as he gets comfortable so Warren can be off the ball where he will be most dangerous. Two PG's are better than one.

Anyways, just thought I'd drop by. I think your team will be good this year and playing its best ball in March. I wouldn't be shocked to see you make the secound weekend since your team can improve alot more than most teams will be able to.

Edit: Just thought you may be interetsed in an outside perspective.

BTW: I see your still involved with Lamb, his jump shot looks improved from last year, which I thought was his main weakness.

Also thanks for your info on Wesley Johnson last year. You guys were right he's much better than I expected at least in the early returns.

Last edited:
We are so bad on defense that, if the players apply themselves and work really hard and the coaches do a great job of coaching by March we will be, AT BEST, mediocre. That is on defense.

whoa! jordoo! Without a doubt one of the best non-OU-first posters ever seen on these boards. Good to see you again.

oh yeah, your team looks SICK.

We are so bad on defense that, if the players apply themselves and work really hard and the coaches do a great job of coaching by March we will be, AT BEST, mediocre. That is on defense.

Defense is often one of the hardest things for young players to commit to, plus most midmajor teams take major confernse teams bigs away from the basket were they are not comfortable. I'm sure that your guys will be listening to the coaches a bit more closely these days. Syracuse learned its lesson in our last pre season game. If we don't play defense we're going to lose plane and simple. Personally I think JB knew what he was doing in that game even if he didn't want to actually lose the game. He didn't even seemed worked up in the presser.

whoa! jordoo! Without a doubt one of the best non-OU-first posters ever seen on these boards. Good to see you again.

oh yeah, your team looks SICK.

Thanks, I don't get to all the boards during the off season but I never forget which ones are good :).

Last edited:
The good news is Warren commented himself on the lack of defense his team played against VCU. The players are aware they might have still won the game had they played better on the defensive side.

thanks for eh post jordoo ... it was nice to see yall roll unc in the second half the other night .. you have a very good squad .. i love how andy routans sp? lets the game come to him ... much better than the "shooter" last season .. that would shoot no matter the situation

Back