If I could request any classic OU game...

Can't remember the year, exactly, but the last game in Gallegher Iba arena when they "bottled" the atomosphere in GIA and OU won! Awesome

i'll take any one of the three meetings OU had with UNLV in 89-90.

...from Arena or anyone who would mind upping it...

The OU-KU big 12 championship game in 2002 when jabahri, hollis, and ace wrecked house up in Kansas City.

I think this game alone should be shown to every OU team (not just this team) to show them how great OU can be once it develops a fearless attitude.

The 02 team was the final four, right? I remember that year before that when Selvy threw down a nice dunk at the end of the game and nonchalantly backpeddled and smiled at the camera with that gold tooth.

ooooh, or any of the games against pittsburgh and arizona in the late 80s.

none of it possible i know, but i can dream.

The 02 team was the final four, right? I remember that year before that when Selvy threw down a nice dunk at the end of the game and nonchalantly backpeddled and smiled at the camera with that gold tooth.

That was after he caught a 2-handed alley-oop as time expired against Texas in the Big 12 Title game. One of my favorite Sooner memories! SoonerArena has this game on his youtube site.

The 2002 team was probably my favorite Sooner team of all time. Not 1 NBA player, but beat some great teams that season. Still irks me to this day that Cincinatti got the #1 seed over OU. Had they not laid an egg vs. Indiana they very well could have won it all.

Truly a great year for OU basketball.

OU-UNLV in '87 was the greatest game I've ever seen in person anywhere. What made the atmosphere (electric) even more amazing was that there was a foot of snow on the ground outside, and it was scary just to even get there.

ooooh, or any of the games against pittsburgh and arizona in the late 80s.

none of it possible i know, but i can dream.

I have the Arizona game from Jan/Feb of 88 on beta. It's actually at my moms house, but if somebody knows where we can find a beta VCR let me know.

It's the game with Stacey King, Mookie, Skeeter Henry, Creator Wiley, Mike Bell, etc., in Norman when we beat Arizona with Sean Elliott to advance to #1. It was on a Sunday.

OU-UNLV in '87 was the greatest game I've ever seen in person anywhere. What made the atmosphere (electric) even more amazing was that there was a foot of snow on the ground outside, and it was scary just to even get there.

I was there was well and totally agree. I'm pretty sure that they were selling tickets for $1 at the door and all seating was General Admission...my buddy and I sat a few rows behind the UNLV bench.

Awesome, awesome day!!

man you guys are taking me back....that first connecticut game i believe was at the hartford civic center and conn nearly pulled that game out on a desperation 3 that hit the front of the rim...the KU 2002 BIG XII title game jabahri i remember getting hurt in the first half of that game and OU holding that ku team to about 30 points under their season average. games i would love to have were from the tubbs era versus loyola marymount..that first game in 88 was with mookie and stacey against a loyola team with the late hank gathers and bo kimble...kind of a bittersweet game to watch even though OU won 136-103..i have that game on an old vhs tape somewhere..the next year they went out to l.a. and won at loyolas place 136-121..that was the year (89-90) that gathers collapsed on the court and died in the 1st round of the wcc tournament against portland and the lions made that memorable run to the elite 8. i dont remember gathers playing in the ou game that year... it might have been after his fainting spell he had in a game against lasalle earlier in the month...although i might be mistaken..the game in 90 though was ridiculous.. ou won something like 172-112 against loyola and i remember brent price going off for at least 50 in that game...those are 2 games i would love to have..just 2 classic run and gun teams.

Three that I attended, but were not televised, to my knowledge (but were great games):

- OU-UMass at Norman, 1993
- OU-Cal-Irvine in the '82 NIT
- OU-Mizzou, the first LNC sell-out, 1977.

Sorry if anyone gets bored with me bringing up that Mizzou game. But I still think that we might not even have this board if OU doesn't pull off a near-miraculous rally to win that one.

My favorite game was the 1999 NCAA tourney game against the Arizona Wildcats. That was a talented Zona team which had Mike Bibby, Miles Simon, AJ Bramlett, and Michael Dickerson.

My favorite game was the 1999 NCAA tourney game against the Arizona Wildcats. That was a talented Zona team which had Mike Bibby, Miles Simon, AJ Bramlett, and Michael Dickerson.

haha and the guy stepped over the line when passing the ball in. Classic.

We uglied that game up quite nicely. And then we scared the crap out of a pretty darn good MSU team in the round of 16. Sure wish we'd have gotten a break and won that one.

that squad only had jason terry, richard jefferson, and michael wright, the guy who stepped over the line.

Three that I attended, but were not televised, to my knowledge (but were great games):

- OU-UMass at Norman, 1993
- OU-Cal-Irvine in the '82 NIT
- OU-Mizzou, the first LNC sell-out, 1977.

Sorry if anyone gets bored with me bringing up that Mizzou game. But I still think that we might not even have this board if OU doesn't pull off a near-miraculous rally to win that one.

The Cal-Irvine game was a big comeback at home. Seems like the first round of the NIT we played Oral Roberts at the Mabee Center and trailed by 15 or so and came back to win that game, too.

After we played Cal-Irvine, I think we played Dayton to advance to the NIT semis and promptly lost to Hersey Hawkins and the Bradley Braves in the semis.

I was at that Cal-Irvine game (I was 11) and the crowd was going nuts. Calvin Pierce had 2 thunder dunks where he caught the ball in air and nearly brought the goal down. The LNC was rocking and rolling that night during the big comeback.

Back