I'm glad OU did not pursue Renardo Sidney

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
JACKSON, Miss. — The attorney for Mississippi State basketball signee Renardo Sidney says the NCAA requested more information Wednesday in its investigation of the heralded recruit's amateur status.

This time investigators with the NCAA's eligibility center want the tax returns of not only Sidney's parents, but his grandparents. And Montgomery, Ala.-based attorney Don Jackson said that goes too far.

Jackson said the latest request "represents an illegal intrusion" into the family's right to privacy and that the investigation has "troubling racial overtones."

"In effect, this investigation has required that two generations of an African-American family prove to the NCAA that they have the financial ability to support themselves," Jackson said.

Jackson also said the NCAA investigator who sent him the e-mail request said Sidney would not be cleared to play for the Bulldogs this season unless the tax returns are turned over.

A spokeswoman said the NCAA has often requested similar records in the past in other investigations.

http://www.sportingnews.com/college...king-for-more-records-regarding-mississippi-s

He's transferring to OU.

I also heard that OJ Mayo is making his second college tour to come play for OU and Reggie Bush is doing the very same thing, except he will be playing OU Basketball this time around.... haha

All joking aside.... I don't want any of that mess.

Back