Im not sure what to take from this....

thebigabd

Reaction score
The bottom line is they won, and in the end thats all that matters. But like the beginning of the season (Mount Saint Marys, Utah, Monroe Louisiana, etc having leads in the second half) how you win tells a story.

21 point lead against a poor ISU team but it comes down to the wire. ISU at home was the easiest game on the schedule this year in conference, and they could have walked out of there with a win.

OU is playing teams close right now, even in losses, since that Baylor game. That is showing some kind of improvement, but I have a feeling they are going to continue to test the tickers of the fan-base for the rest of the season. They just aren't good enough to put people away or blow someone out, which means they are either going to lose (and sometimes lose big) or win close.

TMG = Awesome. Man, what a player.

Cade might have saved the game with that floater toward the end, because if he missed that OU might lose. Great game, Cade.

We need to clone TMG.. The only thing better than TMG is two TMG's

With two of your best players missing, one being your Sr. leader, I'll take the win.

Like I mentioned last night big, as much as I want to win games, at this point, showing marked improvement is WAY more important. And if we do that, show improvement, we'll win enough to get into the NIT.

The bottom line is they won, and in the end thats all that matters. But like the beginning of the season (Mount Saint Marys, Utah, Monroe Louisiana, etc having leads in the second half) how you win tells a story.

With two starters on the bench I think fatigue played a role in ISU's second half comeback. Willie and Crocker's absence was also a factor on defense. ISU got pretty much any shot they wanted in the second half, including uncontested layups.

I think if you looked back at the replay of the earlier games you mentioned where OU blew big leads, it was mostly due to poor defense, though. It would have helped if Tony and WW had been in the game last night. But to be honest, even with those two players on the floor, this is not a good defensive team. I emphasized the word "team," because OU's roster is dotted with so many weak links defensively, Capel has no choice but to play them.

Come on guys, we were missing two of our three best players, including our best perimeter defender. I am just thrilled that we won the game. Period.

Like I mentioned last night big, as much as I want to win games, at this point, showing marked improvement is WAY more important. And if we do that, show improvement, we'll win enough to get into the NIT.
How is a team supposed to show improvement when 2 starters are in street clothes? That was a very good win under the circumstances.

How is a team supposed to show improvement when 2 starters are in street clothes? That was a very good win under the circumstances.

Uh, the players that did play can play good? They can play hard? They can make the passes they are suppose to make, and defend the men/areas they are suppose to defend?

Example: Tiny Gallon not blocking out doesn't have anything to do with Willie and Tony not being on the floor.

Uh, the players that did play can play good? They can play hard? They can make the passes they are suppose to make, and defend the men/areas they are suppose to defend?

Example: Tiny Gallon not blocking out doesn't have anything to do with Willie and Tony not being on the floor.
When 2/5ths of the team is made up of reserves, I don't think any coach in American would say, yep, I think we can go out there and show improvement tonight.

More likely he would say "if we can somehow hang on and get a win it would be outstanding".

Wow another bidabd post unreal.... The team is young i don't know why everyone on here expects them to just all the sudden be great. They are an nit team. They were missing two started and someone like bigabd wants say things like im not sure what to take from this. When you are missing two starters getting the win is all that matters

Wow another bidabd post unreal.... The team is young i don't know why everyone on here expects them to just all the sudden be great. They are an nit team. They were missing two started and someone like bigabd wants say things like im not sure what to take from this. When you are missing two starters getting the win is all that matters

You should try proofing before you post, or perhaps take a writing course?

I think Abd and BA are friends off the board....

Abd,

I wouldn't read into this much. The team was without its top two scorers and its best defender. We had guys having to play the entire 40 minutes and Capel mentioned fatigue being an issue. And we had a horrid crowd so there wasn't much energy in the building.

The important part is that the team won, despite the fact that ISU hit nearly all of their open threes and played a really nice second half against us.

Fair enough....just seen way too many posts on many boards where someone resorts to a grammar/spelling retort. Always found it humorous.

Abd,

I wouldn't read into this much. The team was without its top two scorers and its best defender. We had guys having to play the entire 40 minutes and Capel mentioned fatigue being an issue. And we had a horrid crowd so there wasn't much energy in the building.

The important part is that the team won, despite the fact that ISU hit nearly all of their open threes and played a really nice second half against us.

Yea, losing Crocker and Warren would be like them losing Brackins and Gilstrap. They wouldnt even field a competitive team without them, lol

You should try proofing before you post, or perhaps take a writing course?

Pretty weak response, ABD, and I've seen much worse proofing, to be sure.

The simple truth is there are no easy outs in the Big12 this season for OU. ISU may have a crappy record but so does OU. Does OU have a lot of talent? Yes, as does ISU. I would take the frontcourt combo of Gilstrap/Brackins over just about anyone in the Big 12. For OU to win without Crock and WWIII tells me that this team hasn't quit yet, like many fans already have. It will be tough sleddin' from here on out, and the best we can do is just win, baby!

Pretty weak response, ABD, and I've seen much worse proofing, to be sure.

He is a friend of mine off the board. I am just giving him a hard time.

Abd,

Very true and very disappointing. Guess 8PM is past bedtime for most of the old codgers who didn't make it to their (padded) best seats in the LNC...

Back